Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Movie downloads for kids?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looking for a place I can download tv and movies for kids for an upcoming long road trip? I don't mind paying for these but they need to be downloaded as we wont have internet avail at most times. I want to play them on the kids Samsung tablets. Any ideas would be great.

I do have one portable dvd player and a lot of DVDs but we have 3 young kids and they wont share......

Just announced today, if you use Netflix you can download movies and TV shows from the mobile app so that you could watch them offline. I also use Google Play Movies to download my movies offline as well.

If you use Disney Movies Anywhere, you can link your account to Google Play and all your movies that you own with digital copies will show up in Google Play Movies.

Last edited:
I use Vudu - it has an app for iOS that allows you to download movies or tv shows for offline viewing. I'm not sure if there is an android app or not. We take three iPads with us and the kids download the movies that they want to watch prior to the trip. It works great.

Brent

I think thats a streaming service only, we will be going from Canada to the US and they fees for downloading are crazy. I want to download before we leave
There's a download button. At least on the cell phone app, and I'm pretty sure I've seen it on the website too.

Now to be fair, I've never downloaded a movie from them, I usually just stream. But I have seen the download button.

Amazon Prime videos work great. I download several episodes and as long as they're in sequence, they'll automatically keep playing. That's important for a 2 year old when driving longer distances. :) Most videos will replay for 48 hours until you re-connect to wifi. But some I've seen can be re-played for up to 2 weeks without reconnecting.