Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving charger location in garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since you already have it wired for a 60A breaker, I'd add a wall charger at the current location, and extend a line from that location to another wall charger where you need the 2nd charger and usual another wall charger. You can use the power share feature to add the flexibility of charging both vehicles without having to run 2 separate lines at 60A each. And both could accommodate the 48A charging one at a time if the circumstances required it.

I would agree with this. The Polaris Lugs are a very secure and clean way of securing everything at the current install location. Since you ran #4, you can have the lugs connected to those #4s (effectively a splice point), and run two sets of #6s to each Tesla Wall Connector from the Polaris Lugs to each of the new install locations of your choice. Set up the power share function. and you are set. You just need to explain to the electrician that either both will not charge at 48A at the same time or they will be coordinating using the power share feature.

I wonder since you are on #4s, are you able to charge more than 48A at once split across the two cars?

@Beerman81 yeah, he could splice 2 sets of #6 from the #4 but then the breaker has to be sized for #6 as the breaker must be within the limits of the lowest rated part of the circuit.
In order to exceed 48A combined he would need to use a subpanel. The existing #4 would supply the subpanel from a 70/80A main breaker and then a bunch of 60A breakers would branch out to #6 feeds, allowing for 56/64A combined charging to be managed by the power sharing feature of the Wall Connectors.