Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving from a 2020 MXP to a 2021 S LR Refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone done this? Pros and cons? We have an MY LR as well, and that is the car my wife prefers to drive. With that said, the s LR would be for me and would replace a 2020 MXP 6 seat. I love the MXP performance alone, it is incredibly fun for such a big car. But the S LR numbers are not too far off and this provides 100+ miles more range.

I am not a big fan of the yoke steering at all, but would imagine like anything, you'd get used to it. Thoughts?

Unless you need the range, it seems a waste. The yoke is, like a lack of dash gauges, something a person gets used to. It's still a bad design decision. Also the X has a lot more interior room and so is likely more comfortable. I suppose if you hate the X doors and the way the sunlight hits you in the face, those are other reasons to switch from the X, but you didn't mention them.

I actually LOVE the doors on the X and that is part of the novelty. The kids love them too. And all glass is tinted with 3M Crystalline so the sunlight for the most part is not very noticeable. If you are referring to when the doors are open, not a big bother for me.

This would be more for the new interior, new stereo, etc. Although there are things I like about BOTH interiors:

1. Prefer vertical screen on current MX
2. Trim and materials seem better quality in current MX
3. Ventilated seats in new MS are a plus
4. New stereo and ANC in new MS are awesome
5. Screen in back is not useful for us

Anyone done this? Pros and cons? We have an MY LR as well, and that is the car my wife prefers to drive. With that said, the s LR would be for me and would replace a 2020 MXP 6 seat. I love the MXP performance alone, it is incredibly fun for such a big car. But the S LR numbers are not too far off and this provides 100+ miles more range.

I am not a big fan of the yoke steering at all, but would imagine like anything, you'd get used to it. Thoughts?

I am doing this now, but my MX was significantly older than yours (2017). The MS LR will have the same 0-60 as my old MX P100DL and be faster in the 1/4 mile. Your MXP is slightly faster than a P100DL so the MS LR may be slightly slower, but we are talking tenths of a second.

I am looking forward to longer range (significant for me), better efficiency (heat pump), more comfortable interior, faster MCU, better looking car, and better handling.

• Love
Reactions: DelPhonic1