Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving from Mercedes E450 to Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting comments in the thread. I find my late '20 Raven to be just as quiet as an E class but sportier with some adjustments to the suspension settings (21"s). I was expecting my Plaid (with the laminated glass and active noise cancellation) when/if it eventually gets here in the UK - to be quieter.

To the OP - be aware of the perceived quality trap. Living in a modern house, every time I go into a traditional one it feels chintzy and grandmotherly. That's also how I feel getting into a traditional car after being used to the MS. You may feel the other way around.

Last edited:
Own 2022 MSP, have driven/riden in Lucid Air Dream Edition and 2019 E450, 2020 MX and M3. Agree with general sentiment regarding ride quality of Tesla vs MB. If ride comfort is your top priority the MB will beat any Tesla hands down. The Lucid fit, finish, and ride also beats Tesla. Where Tesla shines is acceleration and tech. Its more fun to drive than either the MB or Lucid. I love the tech and constant improvements via OTA updates from Tesla. I personally also prefer the looks over Lucid or MB. When it comes to handling the Tesla falls somewhere in the middle. Better than Lucid, maybe better than MB but depends on who you ask. Lucid has better range than the LR. This is all an unorganized way of expressing the many variables to consider with no clear consistent winner in all categories. Probably just made your task harder!