Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving from San Diego to Vancouver WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since Portland is right across the river it kind of dominates as far as active owners club goes and any kind of activities. It's been pretty quiet though the last couple years with the pandemic and all. Service is good at the PDX Service center, only had to go a couple times but it was a good experience for me.

Mobile service was quick as well for the one time they came out.

SoCal/Cal is ridiculous. You can exceed with monthly allotment at the low rate in 1 day of normal use. Then its higher tiers and excessive use surcharges. Plus the soon to come (only delayed, not dead) concept of charging solar customers to send power to other customers on the power companies grids. If you make us power, you will pay us for that right and anything you send us we will buy at 10% of the cost we sell to others on the same grid.

Just "pick" things that make sense here, or you will soon see Cal rates in WA.

Reactions: AMPd and goneskiian
Just saw this thread. I've lived in Clark co for 20 years now. It's a nice place to live.

I started out in the now infamous LA suburb of Monterey Park, though I moved away when I was 18 and haven't really been back since.

I would recommend Tesla Owner's Oregon. They are very active.

The current Portland Service Centers are a pain to get to from Clark Co, but the Vancouver SC is about to open.

Have you been by the Vancouver SC lately? I stopped by last week and was amazed. the building seems to be complete with equipment in the service bayes. Tons of cars parked around the outside. Most look like trade ins. Hours of operation on the door but no showroom cars or interior furniture visible. A contractor was working on the SC’s. He said they were working the day before but were cutting off early.

Wonder if we’ll get any type of announcement when they open.

Just saw this thread. I've lived in Clark co for 20 years now. It's a nice place to live.

I started out in the now infamous LA suburb of Monterey Park, though I moved away when I was 18 and haven't really been back since.

I would recommend Tesla Owner's Oregon. They are very active.

The current Portland Service Centers are a pain to get to from Clark Co, but the Vancouver SC is about to open.
Thanks! I moved here last year not far from the now infamous MP. I have a service appt for Portland in less than two weeks, but maybe I'll push it back to try and get to the Vancouver one.

Have you been by the Vancouver SC lately? I stopped by last week and was amazed. the building seems to be complete with equipment in the service bayes. Tons of cars parked around the outside. Most look like trade ins. Hours of operation on the door but no showroom cars or interior furniture visible. A contractor was working on the SC’s. He said they were working the day before but were cutting off early.

Wonder if we’ll get any type of announcement when they open.

There is a thread on the forum for it. I posted some pictures a few months ago. The most recent pictures show it in the state you describe. Someone charged at the superchargers there last week, though they said they only got 45 KW or something like that and it didn't show up in navigation.

Thanks! I moved here last year not far from the now infamous MP. I have a service appt for Portland in less than two weeks, but maybe I'll push it back to try and get to the Vancouver one.

It was weird seeing Monterey Park trending on Twitter. That's how I found out about it. Growing up even other Angelinos had no idea where MP was. But when I went to Singapore people had heard of it.

My car needs service and I'm not confident driving it on the freeway. The latch for the hatch on my MS failed on Friday. It thinks it's open, when it appears to be latched enough I can't open it, but from the noises it's making, I'm pretty sure the latch is not fully engaged. It would be OK driving on surface streets, but I don't want it suddenly popping open on I-205 or I-84. It would take a while, but I can get to the new Vancouver SC without driving on a freeway, but that's impossible for Portland.

I put in for an appointment at the Portland SC, but in the notes I asked if ranger service was still available. I hope it is.

There is a thread on the forum for it. I posted some pictures a few months ago. The most recent pictures show it in the state you describe. Someone charged at the superchargers there last week, though they said they only got 45 KW or something like that and it didn't show up in navigation.

It was weird seeing Monterey Park trending on Twitter. That's how I found out about it. Growing up even other Angelinos had no idea where MP was. But when I went to Singapore people had heard of it.

My car needs service and I'm not confident driving it on the freeway. The latch for the hatch on my MS failed on Friday. It thinks it's open, when it appears to be latched enough I can't open it, but from the noises it's making, I'm pretty sure the latch is not fully engaged. It would be OK driving on surface streets, but I don't want it suddenly popping open on I-205 or I-84. It would take a while, but I can get to the new Vancouver SC without driving on a freeway, but that's impossible for Portland.

I put in for an appointment at the Portland SC, but in the notes I asked if ranger service was still available. I hope it is.
Good news for you! The speed limit on I-5 through Portland is ridiculously low and people still seem to be in the habit of camping in the left lane and driving 10mph below it :)

So just settle in behind that beat up 30 year old pickup truck, turn on autopilot, and relax.