Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving Model S - Cross country transportation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys,

I am moving from San Diego to Maine and while I would love to drive my Tesla the entire way, time does not allow it. So I would need to transport my Model S across the country. I have done this before with several transport companies (with less valuable cars of mine) where they haul the car onto a trailer with a bunch of other cars and I'm sure they move it (drive it) out and back in several times based on the order in which they need to drop off the other cars on the trailer.

With my Model S, I am looking for a more reliable transportation method where the car is covered (either full car cover or inside a closed trailer) and they do not drive it off and on to the trailer. I would like to see it off in San Diego and hope to pick it up in Maine in a few days (perhaps a week) and expect that the truck driver never needs to touch the car.

My question to the group is - could you recommend any transport companies that you have used before that could provide this service? Thanks in advance,

Bharat