Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving the blind spot camera image?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm driving a 2022 Model S LR with software 2022.40.4.1.

According to the latest Model S Owner's Manual, I should be able to reposition the Automatic Blind Spot Camera by touching and dragging the image when it is displayed.

When the turn signal is engaged and the touchscreen is displaying the image from the side repeater camera, you can move the image to a different location on the touchscreen. To do so, touch and drag the image to the new location (valid locations are indicated by shaded areas that display when you touch and hold the image).
But, I cannot figure out how to get this to work. I touch and hold on the image, but no shaded areas appear, nor does the image move if I drag my finger. Is this feature actually implemented on the 2021+ Model S? If so, what is the trick to change the location of the display?

Not available on the S:

Blind Spot Camera​

Tesla Blind Spot Camera feature in update 2022.36.15

Available Worldwide
Models: 3 Y
Adjust the placement of your blind spot camera on your display by dragging the camera feed. The camera feed will appear in the same position when your blinker is active. To enable, tap Controls > Autopilot > Automatic Blind Spot Camera.

Reactions: aerodyne
Not available on the S:

Blind Spot Camera​

Tesla Blind Spot Camera feature in update 2022.36.15

Available Worldwide
Models: 3 Y
Adjust the placement of your blind spot camera on your display by dragging the camera feed. The camera feed will appear in the same position when your blinker is active. To enable, tap Controls > Autopilot > Automatic Blind Spot Camera.
Is this info from some official Tesla doc? If so, I wonder when they will remove the description of the feature from the Model S Owner's Manual.

Interesting - the fact that the Release Notes have that tagged as "Models 3, Y", explains why the feature isn't implemented in my Model S - and also why I don't see it in the Release Notes in the car if I scroll back to 2022.24. The text describing that feature in the Owner's Manual should have been similarly tagged to keep it out of the S & X manuals, but that part of the process seems to have failed.

Thanks for pointing me to the Release Notes online. I'll give up on trying to figure out the trick to get this to work :)

Reactions: DerbyDave
Interesting - the fact that the Release Notes have that tagged as "Models 3, Y", explains why the feature isn't implemented in my Model S - and also why I don't see it in the Release Notes in the car if I scroll back to 2022.24. The text describing that feature in the Owner's Manual should have been similarly tagged to keep it out of the S & X manuals, but that part of the process seems to have failed.

Thanks for pointing me to the Release Notes online. I'll give up on trying to figure out the trick to get this to work :)
It finally happened!