TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Moving the kid to college in a Model S

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by EdA, Sep 19, 2013.

1. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Roughly 300 mile trip - currently supercharging in Milford, CT. 176 miles to go!

Kids have it easy no LPs or stereo to lug.

bazebete.jpg zase4ana.jpg ha2agagu.jpg

2. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Nice; Will be interesting to see how much could be carried with both a hitch and roof rack. Wonder if anyone has done that yet?

3. texex91

texex91 Banned

Cool pics--have fun on the trip.

4. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

I want to hear stories and see pictures of the commotion the car causes when it comes time to unload it on campus. The student volunteers will probably be fighting for the right to service you guys.

Dropped my oldest daughter off at NYU this year. Had to do it in a rental ICE.

5. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

In my generation, I went to undergrad with stacks and stacks of CDs. Also lugged a heavy CRT with my tower PC. Gotta love progress.

6. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

I still had the LPs but one thing these kids don't know is good sound ... where's the set of speakers?

7. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Thanks Nissan! Tons of Tesla time with our 20 minutes of curbside parking. Sorry didn't think of taking pics. yve4eban.jpg
    Bought the hat today.

Quick charge while the wife is at Bed Bath and Beyond but full charge here later tonight.

8. JPP

JPP Active Member

...where's the fridge???

9. swegman

swegman Member

Took my son to Penn State a few weeks ago. The Tesla was not noticed by security or anyone else.

10. texex91

texex91 Banned

Come on, college kids don't need a fridge--the kegs are cold, Domino's delivers and when you need to go out, charge it on dad's credit card he gave you for 'emergencies' :biggrin:

11. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Her roommate cooked microwave pasta (someone brought the microwave) but the fridge was there! Gonna need a minivan to move her out after today's and tomorrow's shopping trips!

12. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

y9ama8a3.jpg

Charging in the double secret loading dock at the hotel. After all the purchases yesterday to fill out her suite we will need a minivan (or Model X?) to move her out. Especially since she doesn't have her textbooks yet.

On another note went to a Blink charger in a parking garage which didn't work. Had to keep going up the elevator to ground level to get cell service. Is Blink dead? No joy after 4 round trips...