Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving Time and Temp to Left Pane

j_c_2001

Sep 29, 2016
DC
After driving the Model 3 for about a month, there are times I'd like to take a quick glance at the clock and Temp. And of course it's all the way to the top right edge of the screen.

Looking at available screen real estate I would suggest moving it to the top left corner. Nothing is there right now, and I think that would be ideal.

Thoughts?

MarkinArch

1st S.A.TX Non Owner TM3 Delivery
Jan 2, 2018
San Antonio, Texas
After driving the Model 3 for about a month, there are times I'd like to take a quick glance at the clock and Temp. And of course it's all the way to the top right edge of the screen.

Looking at available screen real estate I would suggest moving it to the top left corner. Nothing is there right now, and I think that would be ideal.

Thoughts?

YES! I have only had mine for a week and that is one of the first things I noticed and want changed. If you keep satellite imagery on the navigation (like I do) it makes it a lot more difficult to see them as well. Move to the left side please!

jsmay311

Apr 22, 2016
Chicago suburbs
I like the idea in theory. Although currently all of the various "indicator light" symbols occupy the top row of the left pane.

Maybe they could rearrange the indicator lights? Or squeeze in the temp and time somewhere else?

upload_2018-4-25_16-51-11.png

https://www.tesla.com/content/dam/tesla/Ownership/Own/Model 3 Owners Manual.pdf

aronth5

Long Time Follower
Supporting Member
May 8, 2010
Boston Suburb
Or keep them on the right but make the font larger. I do agree though I frequently find it difficult to quickly see the time.

ForeverFree

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2015
Sherman Oaks, CA

Thoughts?

+1 x 10^9

I've been wishing this for months!

Much of the screen's left third is vastly underused.

MRPLUGIN

Jan 8, 2017
Utah

Thoughts?
Totally agree with this. I was just asking my wife if she has seen anywhere to post suggestions to Tesla.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC