Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving to Oahu, need recs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was going to try to message you versus bumping this thread, but I didn't see an option for it. Anyways, these adapters you mentioned are now $602 on Tesla's website. Is there non-Tesla branded ones that work OK do you know? I'm gonna be without a home to charge my vehicle at for a few months and the more options I have the better. I'll be taking delivery of my Model 3 by the end of this month.

The HECO chargers have both J1772 and CHADEMO. Of course you won't get the speed benefit on J1772 compared to CHADEMO, but at least you won't need the $$$ adapter.

Reactions: TimboSlice
I was going to try to message you versus bumping this thread, but I didn't see an option for it. Anyways, these adapters you mentioned are now $602 on Tesla's website. Is there non-Tesla branded ones that work OK do you know? I'm gonna be without a home to charge my vehicle at for a few months and the more options I have the better. I'll be taking delivery of my Model 3 by the end of this month.
Your default setting on Tesla's webpage has you being from Canada. As a result, you're seeing the Canadian price (in CAD). The price is still US$450 (Caspur either misremembered the exact figure or had a typo). To fix this so that you see the US prices on the Tesla webpage scroll down to the bottom of the page and at the very right of the small links you'll see it says "Canada" or there'll be a Canadian flag. Click on that and it'll let you change your location setting back to the US. The original switch was probably made by you clicking on a link someone from Canada posted. I've had my default inadvertently changed like that before.

Also, you won't have the option of sending a direct message to anyone until you reach a minimum post threshold on the forum. IIRC, it's 10 comments. It's one of the functionalities that is restricted to prevent spam and abuse by people only signing up to be a jerk.

Your default setting on Tesla's webpage has you being from Canada. As a result, you're seeing the Canadian price (in CAD).

Oh wow I didn't even realize. Yeah it shows $450 now.

Also, you won't have the option of sending a direct message to anyone until you reach a minimum post threshold on the forum. IIRC, it's 10 comments. It's one of the functionalities that is restricted to prevent spam and abuse by people only signing up to be a jerk.

That makes sense. Good to know. Appreciate the reply.

Your default setting on Tesla's webpage has you being from Canada. As a result, you're seeing the Canadian price (in CAD). The price is still US$450 (Caspur either misremembered the exact figure or had a typo). To fix this so that you see the US prices on the Tesla webpage scroll down to the bottom of the page and at the very right of the small links you'll see it says "Canada" or there'll be a Canadian flag. Click on that and it'll let you change your location setting back to the US. The original switch was probably made by you clicking on a link someone from Canada posted. I've had my default inadvertently changed like that before.

Looks like I mis-remembered its been 2 years since I bought it.

I would still recommend the adapter if you can't charge at home. Using the standard J1772 adapter will take like 7 hours to charge vs 90 minutes with the Chademo.

Reactions: TimboSlice