Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving to the US- What do I need for configuration? Also- timeframe??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All. I'm officially moving to the Bay Area next month, and have been very fortunate to be offered a non-owner 2nd day reservation spot from someone who can't use it.

I've read about the process for ordering thru another persons account. My question is, as someone immigrating to the US, what info do I need to have to go to the configuration stage should I proceed? $2500 configuration charge? California Driver's licence? California Address? Anything else?

Also, if the reservation was from the second day, and I'm happy to order first production, what's could I expect as the timeframe delivery, considering that NEW reservations for first production could be filled within 4-6 months.

Thanks everyone.

Hey All. I'm officially moving to the Bay Area next month, and have been very fortunate to be offered a non-owner 2nd day reservation spot from someone who can't use it.

I've read about the process for ordering thru another persons account. My question is, as someone immigrating to the US, what info do I need to have to go to the configuration stage should I proceed? $2500 configuration charge? California Driver's licence? California Address? Anything else?

Also, if the reservation was from the second day, and I'm happy to order first production, what's could I expect as the timeframe delivery, considering that NEW reservations for first production could be filled within 4-6 months.

Thanks everyone.
Make an appointment at DMV now. I had to do a 10 year print out of my drivers license last year for my volunteer work. If I remember correctly appointments were 30 days out. Wait time the day I went were over 2 hours.