Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MP3 - Model 3 Performance - Winter Delivery - Mt Kisco - Summer Tire Concerns - Swap to 18" setup on Delivery Day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

M3Uber

Feb 20, 2023
NE
Model 3 Performance - Mt Kisco delivery. In an effort to prepare for the possibility of freezing temps and or snow, during the long journey home, I’d like an 18” setup for winter ready to go at delivery. Will Tesla accept delivery of aftermarket wheel/tire packages ordered online and shipped directly to the Tesla Deliver Center? (so they can be installed on delivery day). Has anyone here done this or planning on it? If not, a nearby tire shop? Appreciate any advice / recommendations from someone that’s done this or in the process.
Thanks in advance!

**not looking to just swap the summers for 20" winter/all-seasons**
**bringing a set with me is not an option**
thanks again

I doubt very much that tesla would accept an aftermarket wheel / tire package for delivery, or put one on for you. Thats probably a non starter, since at that point they are accepting responsibility / liability for that aftermarket set. The most they might do is install a Tesla purchased winter wheel set, but I dont know if they have one of those for model 3Ps as I have never looked into it.

You should be focusing your search on a nearby tire shop or something.

Tesla will not install any third party parts. There is a winter set up for the M3P 20" uberturbine rims and assume pirelli winter sottozero tires. In theory you could buy those and have them shipped to the S/C and they would, for a fee, install them. 1. check the weather when you know when your delivery date, may not be an issue or 2. Buy a winter set up third party (route I took)
PXL_20230212_210925687.jpg
and have them shipped to a local shop like jjrandorin suggested. I spent half of what
Tesla wants for a winter set up.