Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mp3 player

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to play audio files from my sandisk Mp3 player in my Tesla Y. It has Bluetooth and a 3.5mm earphone jack.
Bluetooth will not connect to car.
Earphone jack to USB-C does not work in counsel or glovebox. (i bought a cable and the USB expander for glovebox)

I know the USB-Cs are just for charging but thought the glovebox one would work. Ideas?

1. It will drain my phone battery.
  2. I also noticed that as soon as my phone connect to the car, the mp3 player start playing, even my car is set on radio (not Bluetooth), which eventually mess up my resume session.
1. You have a wireless charger in your vehicle
2. You can change the settings on your phone to prevent that from happening.

Thank you, then we should be using the google maps on the phone for navigation rather than the car navigation and so on and so on....

I want a dedicated MP3 player application that can do a resume support in my $65k car.
It's to the point where wanting an MP3 player is like wanting a CD player/tape deck in the car. Downloading and saving MP3s was a very short lived technology. There's no reason for Tesla to invest any resources to support it...

Thank you, then we should be using the google maps on the phone for navigation rather than the car navigation and so on and so on....

I want a dedicated MP3 player application that can do a resume support in my $65k car.
That's not what the OP asked for; this isn't a thread bemoaning the absence of a native MP3 app. The OP is looking for a way to connect a piece of hardware, that to be honest is obsolete, to their vehicle. Do other vehicles have the app you're looking for; just curious the Demand for such a feature.

That's not what the OP asked for; this isn't a thread bemoaning the absence of a native MP3 app. The OP is looking for a way to connect a piece of hardware, that to be honest is obsolete, to their vehicle. Do other vehicles have the app you're looking for; just curious the Demand for such a feature.
other cars doesn't use the kind of computer Tesla uses.

This is one of the basic feature that basic music player should have it.

My phone basic MP3 player of Couse support this basic funcion.

The OP is connecting the device due to lack of this functionality.

other cars doesn't use the kind of computer Tesla uses.

This is one of the basic feature that basic music player should have it.

My phone basic MP3 player of Couse support this basic funcion.

The OP is connecting the device due to lack of this functionality.
Why though? For the maybe hundreds of people that don't use streaming services? MP3 sales are dead. Why would a company invest any time into that? There's no benefit to them for a dead technology.

Why though? For the maybe hundreds of people that don't use streaming services? MP3 sales are dead. Why would a company invest any time into that? There's no benefit to them for a dead technology.
I don't think you understand.

How would you listen the audio from your personal library?
The answer is most probably MP3.

If you buy an audio book, MP3 is one of the many and most popular format you get.

Even if you get it on any other format, you would have the same issue. No Resume support.

I put it down here for you the popular extensions for audio book and MP3 is the first one (not dead).

1685718583750.png

Reactions: ShrtlssCubsFan
I don't think you understand.

How would you listen the audio from your personal library?
The answer is most probably MP3.

If you buy an audio book, MP3 is one of the many and most popular format you get.

Even if you get it on any other format, you would have the same issue. No Resume support.

I put it down here for you the popular extensions for audio book and MP3 is the first one (not dead).

View attachment 943258
I buy audio books and they stream from Audible...I don't ever download them.

Again, there's a solution here to use your phone to control it, but there's very little reason to have a dedicated MP3 application. I think there will more likely be an Audible App, if they ever work out a deal with Amazon.

I buy audio books and they stream from Audible...I don't ever download them.

Again, there's a solution here to use your phone to control it, but there's very little reason to have a dedicated MP3 application. I think there will more likely be an Audible App, if they ever work out a deal with Amazon.
They already have dedicated music app which allow to play MP3, it just missing one basic resume functionality.
when you slide the bar to fast forward your audio, thas the music app.

I haven’t purchased a computer in about 7 years that had a cd-rom drive, it’s been about 5 years since I had a phone with an SD card slot, and I have a dvd player somewhere but I couldn’t tell you where it is. Streaming is the new reality; locally stored media is becoming a thing of the past. I wouldn’t expect Tesla to spend resources satisfying the needs of a niche customer segment that is becoming extinct. The bottom line is there is a way to do exactly what you want using your phone, wirelessly, seamlessly, and easily.

I haven’t purchased a computer in about 7 years that had a cd-rom drive, it’s been about 5 years since I had a phone with an SD card slot, and I have a dvd player somewhere but I couldn’t tell you where it is. Streaming is the new reality; locally stored media is becoming a thing of the past. I wouldn’t expect Tesla to spend resources satisfying the needs of a niche customer segment that is becoming extinct. The bottom line is there is a way to do exactly what you want using your phone, wirelessly, seamlessly, and easily.
you are on the mountains, have your tesla, there are no cell phone signals.
you put your tesla in CAMP mode.
How would you use your phone to steam music or play anything?

What about folks who live in remote areas, they can't or don't want to stream.

anyways, I don't want to stretch this long, if you don't get it, you don't get it.

Reactions: ShrtlssCubsFan
you are on the mountains, have your tesla, there are no cell phone signals.
you put your tesla in CAMP mode.
How would you use your phone to steam music or play anything?

What about folks who live in remote areas, they can't or don't want to stream.

anyways, I don't want to stretch this long, if you don't get it, you don't get it.
You won't.

Your wild scenario with 0 cell phone ignores that 99% of people don't download mp3s anymore. It's also ridiculously rare that I don't get cellphone service, regardless of my location.

You won't.

Your wild scenario with 0 cell phone ignores that 99% of people don't download mp3s anymore. It's also ridiculously rare that I don't get cellphone service, regardless of my location.
OK, forget about cell coverage.
My phone plan only include 5gb data on 5G speed and then cap it to 2G speed afterwards.

I have 100 miles drive everyday. I will use my data limit in one week.