Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mp3 player

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drive thru mountains, thru remote areas. I loose coverage.
sometime I don't' have signals for 15 minutes. music breaks, its choppy.
We've already established that what you are asking for is a very small request, as in very few people have requested it. (It has been discussed before).

Now you are talking about rare edge cases. Again, for a company like Tesla, do you think this is something that moves the needle to add resources?

It's not, but that doesn't mean they will never do it...farting and cars dancing aren't requested features, but they put development into it. There's a chance they may, but it's extremely slim.

I drive through mountains often and use my premium connectivity in my car and don't know if I've ever lost signal.

you are on the mountains, have your tesla, there are no cell phone signals.
you put your tesla in CAMP mode.
How would you use your phone to steam music or play anything?

What about folks who live in remote areas, they can't or don't want to stream.

anyways, I don't want to stretch this long, if you don't get it, you don't get it.
How do you get the MP3 files from where you acquire them onto your Sandisk MP3 player? Guess what you can get them onto your phone the same way. There’s a reason why apple discontinued the iPod. Your phone IS an MP3 player if you choose for it to be. You connect it via Bluetooth to your vehicle and it will resume playback of whatever content you choose from the point you left it. Your are just being intractable in your personal preference by demanding a new player to be added to your vehicle. The only difference at all is which device you keep in your pocket to play your books when you’re not in the car. PS according to google 5GB of data will get you about 170 hrs of audiobook playback so unless you’re walking to work you should be OK

I simply wanted to let the OP know that I am having a similar experience.
In fact, I'm so embarrassed by this that a $65k car require a $10 solo mp3 player to get by.
You should prolly be more embarrassed that you’re using a tech device from the early 2000s in the most advanced vehicle available to consumers. Maybe they can also add an 8 track player. Sorry for the snark but to say this embarrasses you is asinine.

They already have dedicated music app which allow to play MP3, it just missing one basic resume functionality.
when you slide the bar to fast forward your audio, thas the music app.
If you're listening to MP3 (or flac, etc) on a USB stick, it does resume playback when you say "switch to USB". Using any other method to switch will cause it loose it's place, but it does resume from where you left off as long as you use the voice command to switch.

Attachments

• Tesla 4 USB Drives IMG_9285.JPG
    Tesla 4 USB Drives IMG_9285.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 74
This thread went a bit weird. I have yet to solve it. All that was needed was a 3.5mm plug for an external mp3 player. I download mp3 books from the library and listen on long drives- or I used to. I bought a usb multiplier for the glove box and tried to load them on thumb drives. no go. i tried streaming them on a "Libby" app. no go. an old ipod is not recognized and neither does an old Iphone that I tried using just as a storage device. Huge disappointment because tesla did not put a earphone jack or another usb port that does anything but charge.