TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

MPG Indicator?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Allb18c, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Allb18c

Allb18c Member

My apologies if this is a silly question. I wasn’t able to find anything in this.

The Model S display shows consumption in the form of MPG but I cannot find that info on the Model 3. All I see is percentage of battery remaining.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance.

2. woof

woof Fluffy Member

Energy consumption is in the trip displays (bottom left "card" under the mini car image, swipe left 2 or 3 times)

3. JimmyAZ

JimmyAZ Member

I’ve never seen MPG displayed on my S. That’s interesting. How and where do you see it? I just get kWh readings.

4. Skidmark

Skidmark Member

I've never seen MPG displayed in any currently produced Tesla (No idea about the Roadster). It only displays Wh/mile on the trip screen when you swipe a couple of screens to the left, which you can apply a formula to in order to determine MPGe.

MPGe = 33705 divided by Wh/mi. So if your trip computer says you're getting 240Wh/mile, that's about 140MPGe.

5. smartypnz

smartypnz Supporting Member

This is hilarious !!!!