Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MountainPass

Global Vendor
Mar 2, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Listings
Increase your Tesla Model Y’s ground clearance
  • 1.75″ increase in ground clearance to clear snow, speedbumps, rough terrain, steep driveways etc.
  • Compatible with all models, including cars equipped with lowering springs or coilovers.
  • CNC Aluminum Spacers anodized to resist the elements and look great.
  • Improved entry and exit for those with accessibility requirements.
Putting the U in SUV! These kits are in stock and ready to ship. Installation is quite easy, and alignment is recommended after completing the installation. We are looking forward to seeing our customers get some big offroad tires on their lifted Y's and tackling some rough terrain!

https://www.mountainpassperformance.com/product/mpp-1-75-suspension-lift-kit/
MPP-Tesla-Model-3-Lift-Kit.jpg

Model-Y-With-Performance-Springs-Front.png

Nice!!! On your product blog, you mention multiple lift heights will be available for the Y. Do you know what size lifts you will do yet, and when they will be available? Thanks!

This is the 1.75" lift kit we have ready to go right now, but we do have a more extreme one in the pipeline. No timeline on it yet though!

• Love
Reactions: AKTech.it and Atraf
Lift ordered!!! Woo Hoo! I can't wait to take this Y out on the beach. It should be pretty close to perfect for me with my Y PUP. Without the lowered suspension of the PUP, the lift probably would have been too high for my needs. With the lowered suspension it should be just right for driving on the beach with the 1.75" lift. if it comes out a bit too high, I'll add the MPP Adjustable Coil Overs and set it to whatever is perfect. :) I am VERY excited about this. The Y is going to be my PERFECT Kiteboarding rig. :) :) :) Thank You MPP!!!!!!!

My sport is powered by the wind, and my transportation to that sport will be powered by the sunlight that hits the roof of my house. :) :) :) Yeah, I'm sorry but I think that is so cool. :)

Pretty awesome. Any idea of how much of a range hit we would take after installation?

I'm pretty sure the extra height will end up using wasted energy to provide lift and actually increase range!

OK, I'm full of *sugar*... LOL That's a really good question actually. A PUP Y is almost the same amount lower than an AWD as a lifted PUP would be higher than an AWD. If we can get a good range comparison between a Stealth Performance Y and an AWD Y that should give a basis for forming an estimate. Of course the variance may not be linear... I'll try and give a reasonable estimate after I lift mine, but that is probably some time from now. A few months anyway. Gotta get past the lock down. :(

This is awesome ... one of my concerns with the Y is that it sits lower than my current SUV (8.5") - and my area is a flood zone, so higher ground clearance is nice. And, I have a messed up leg, so higher car would make it easier to get in and out.
If/when I actually get my MY (maybe Summer, once Fremont reopens for car making), does anyone know a shop in South Florida (Broward County/Miami Dade) that is familiar with Teslas and can do this installation? Would it void warranty in any way?

We only have a few kits left, but more are on the way!

This is awesome ... one of my concerns with the Y is that it sits lower than my current SUV (8.5") - and my area is a flood zone, so higher ground clearance is nice. And, I have a messed up leg, so higher car would make it easier to get in and out.
If/when I actually get my MY (maybe Summer, once Fremont reopens for car making), does anyone know a shop in South Florida (Broward County/Miami Dade) that is familiar with Teslas and can do this installation? Would it void warranty in any way?

This is one of the most common reasons we hear for raising the Model 3. Entry and exit! We have a shop in Miami that has gotten great reviews from our customers that I would be happy to point you to.

Warranty-wise, as with any car modification, they can't void your warranty. They can, however, decline to repair something under warranty if it was damaged as a direct result of the modification. If you had an axle failure, for example, they could say it was from the lift kit. If you heated seat breaks, they still need to fix that. I hope that made it a bit more clear but please also read about the Magnusson Moss Act which protects consumers.

Reactions: MikeInFL and Nakk
We only have a few kits left, but more are on the way!

This is one of the most common reasons we hear for raising the Model 3. Entry and exit! We have a shop in Miami that has gotten great reviews from our customers that I would be happy to point you to.

Warranty-wise, as with any car modification, they can't void your warranty. They can, however, decline to repair something under warranty if it was damaged as a direct result of the modification. If you had an axle failure, for example, they could say it was from the lift kit. If you heated seat breaks, they still need to fix that. I hope that made it a bit more clear but please also read about the Magnusson Moss Act which protects consumers.
Perfect - once I will get my MY, I will reach out again - this will be the first mod I will have to make to the car.

My kit came; very nice! Are there any videos of the install floating around? I've turned a wrench or two in my time, but other than swapping shocks and rear leaf springs I've not played with suspension. I'd be a lot more comfortable seeing it done once! :)

Here is a link to the instructions!

MPP 1.75" Lift Kit Installation Instructions | Mountain Pass Performance

One of our customers made some videos but it doesn't look like there is an installation video per se.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3JGiY70BCPHoecAGEYEvTA