TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Vendor MPP At Global Time Attack Superlap With A P3D! Nov 8/9

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by MountainPass, Oct 31, 2018.

1. MountainPass

MountainPass Vendor

Hey everyone. Excited to announce that we are heading down to California again, this time to compete in the premiere Time Attack event in North America - Global Time Attack.

We thought those of you interested in the performance potential of the P3D would be excited to follow along with the event, so we'll be updating this thread throughout the week. There is also live timing and we'll have a ton of live video on our Instagram account during the event.

The Model 3 we're racing is owned by Cameron Rogers, who many of you already know from his Tesla Model 3 Laguna Seca video here. Cameron will be racing the car in the Enthusiast AWD class, where we are aiming to set a new track record, the current record is 1:56.509. I believe the car has the potential, with our parts, to do a 1:54.

[​IMG]

We've sent Cameron down our current catalog of parts, including our AWD Sports Coilovers which are currently in the pre-production testing phase, our suspension arms and our stability defeat. With any luck we'll have track mode in time, so we can determine what combination yields the fastest lap time.

With our Motec ECU/Datalogger in the car, we'll have heaps of data to work through the setup of the car and share with you all after the event. There aren't a ton of sessions over the two days, so hopefully, we can get the car dialed and make the EV community proud.

If you're near Buttonwillow Raceway feel free to come down and spectate for the event. We could use all of the EV community support we can get to accomplish this goal!

Superlap is known as "the" Time Attack event in North America, and we're excited to hopefully put a Model 3 on the top step of the podium. You can learn more about GTA here: Globaltimeattack.com

Here is an in-car video of the fastest Time Attack car in North America at this very same track earlier this year. The electronics, data analysis, engine mapping and driver coaching on this car were done by myself through MPP's sister company, OnPoint Dyno.

• Like x 6
    • Love x 3
  2. gilscales

gilscales Active Member

I'm about 150 miles from there, would be really cool to see this, do you know when he is running?
    Does he have to run the stock wheel and tire combo?

3. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Active Member

Can't wait to see the results!
    255 width 220TW+ tires? Getting rid of all the 200TW cheater tires I guess. What are the best 220TW tires?

• Like x 1
  4. Pueo

Pueo Member

Can't wait to attend via the Internet! Will be nice to see some of the parts in action before I decide what exactly I do to my P3D+ beginning in 2019.

5. mcbarnet007

mcbarnet007 Member

Maybe the POTENZA S007A TW of 240. LIttle brother of 71R

6. Gavyne

Gavyne Member

Nice, MPP & Cameron Rogers represent!

• Like x 1
  7. XBS9

XBS9 Member

I will try to be there for sure! Love what you guys are doing and have a ton of questions about your MoTeC integration...

8. MountainPass

MountainPass Vendor

Awesome! It will be cool to see some Model 3's attending.

I think the tire of choice is a larger PS4S. It's hard to get any useful data from the internet but it seems it is faster than the S007A.

9. Odiemac

Odiemac Member

I think Sasha’s 1:54 is aggressive, maybe we can do a 1:59 ;). That would still be fast enough to beat more than a few specially prepared ICE cars, though.

Yes, Tesla owners please come out! We need to represent for EV's. 1 EV against 65 ICE cars!

10. mcbarnet007

mcbarnet007 Member

What time does the event start? Is it for both 8th and 9th? Would 9th be the better day to show up?

11. Odiemac

Odiemac Member

Yes, the 9th has more action, and the awards ceremony around 5PM.

12. MountainPass

MountainPass Vendor

A few teaser pictures from Cameron. We'll be there tomorrow to help prep the car and then it's on to the event. Wish us luck!

We'll keep this thread updated throughout the event if possible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like x 5
    • Love x 2
  13. MountainPass

MountainPass Vendor

Update: Air Canada didn't put our luggage on the flight. The luggage contained our Motec harness and front AWD dampers. It is supposed to arrive later today but we are cutting and heating/lowering the stock front springs as a backup plan. Hopefully it isn't a crazy long night for us!

14. Daniel in SD

Bummer. Must be the Tesla shorts!
    When do the live videos start?

15. mcbarnet007

mcbarnet007 Member

Best of luck!

16. Daniel in SD

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  17. gilscales

gilscales Active Member

Noticed that there are only 5 cars in the AWD enthusiasts group with 4 of them posting results but no time posted for Cameron in the model 3, I hope they were/are able to run.

18. Gavyne

Gavyne Member

I saw Cameron's name and time on the ticker earlier this morning. But I only caught the end of it. Not sure why his time isn't in the chart.

19. Gone2Plaid

Gone2Plaid Member

Hopefully you get Track Mode in time!

20. Odiemac

Odiemac Member

We got track mode :)

Car is handling great on the MPP coilovers, and is even comfortable on the street. We have it charging at the track on a 50A circuit and Supercharged at lunch.

1:59 so far with Sasha driving. Faster than the gas cars so far!

Attached Files:

• Love x 5
    • Like x 3