Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP AWD/Performance Coilover Impression and Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any other fun daily set ups I should try. I’ve been on for last 1000 miles is starting to feel a bit harsh.

• Front Compression: 9
  • Front Rebound: 8
  • Rear Compression: 6
  • Rear Rebound: 7
On the car that I have with the MPP Sports coilover kit I've been running 10/8 after an initial couple weeks at 12 / 10. At 10/8 our mediocre roads in New England can be a little bit tough to handle. I certainly wouldn't go any further than that. Even though the roads down in Florida are better, I'm pretty happy with the 10/8 setting. Great transient response, pretty firm, but not too harsh on bumps.

Was running 11/8 on comfort adj for a bit and it was a tad stiff for daily. Moved to 11/10 and I am in love with this ride. Super comfortable, compliant and composed.

just wished the front rebound was a bit easier to get to without removing the frunk.

just wished the front rebound was a bit easier to get to without removing the frunk.
I don’t remember if I saw it in a post and/or a video, but someone on this forum drilled a small hole in their frunk liner directly above where the dampers sit. The hole allows direct access to the rebound valve. I recall it being a very discreet & clean looking hole finished nicely with some type of cap. I’ve been thinking about doing the exact same thing with mine, but just haven’t gotten around to it.

I don’t remember if I saw it in a post and/or a video, but someone on this forum drilled a small hole in their frunk liner directly above where the dampers sit. The hole allows direct access to the rebound valve. I recall it being a very discreet & clean looking hole finished nicely with some type of cap. I’ve been thinking about doing the exact same thing with mine, but just haven’t gotten around to it.

I think this is what you're talking about
KW Coilover Knob (For Long Reach Applications) by Davidss - Thingiverse

I need to do the same. I'm sure small holes would be barely noticeable as well to be able to stick an allen key down there, I'm just really bad at lining stuff like that up and I'd end up with 5 holes :p. The top rebound is such a light touch to feel the next "click" I am worried going through the frunk liner would somehow dull it but there's no way I'm pulling the liner every time I want to adjust it.

I need to do the same. I'm sure small holes would be barely noticeable as well to be able to stick an allen key down there, I'm just really bad at lining stuff like that up and I'd end up with 5 holes :p. The top rebound is such a light touch to feel the next "click" I am worried going through the frunk liner would somehow dull it but there's no way I'm pulling the liner every time I want to adjust it.

I'll try to get some measurements for you guys so you match the holes we made. I just pop off the first trim piece that covers the 12V and look when I am lining up the long hex key. Easy peasy!

Thanks, but that is a different one. The one I was referring to is actually in this same thread (page #20, post# 396). Here is a link to that particular page/post...

MPP AWD/Performance Coilover Impression and Installation

I like this one better than having the knob already attached to the valve and constantly sitting on the frunk liner... too much risk of accidentally hitting and breaking it off.

Hi All,

Here's my set up. Received and installed the AWD Adjustable Comfort Coilovers mid-September and they are set to 12/10 per old MPP specs. They now seem to recommend 12/12 so I will try that when I get a chance. Comfort is the key word here. My commute to work (yes, I still go in everyday) is smooth over city streets with potholes and bumps. All bumps are much more predictable and I do not feel the bounce that I use to. I coincidentally upgraded my wheels and tires about a week prior to coilover install so there is somewhat of a lack of apples to apples comparison since I added larger, lighter, wider, and sportier tires (19"x9/5" +35 Titan 7 TS5 with 265/35 Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+) just recently before the coilovers so do not have a ton of mileage to discuss experience.

As far as handling around highway turns, there is definitely more stability although I will say I think I am still finding my comfort and feel zone that I like. I also bought the rear camber and toe arms and they are set to the following below. BTW, the rears are so easy now to dial in with these and the shop that I use is a tuning shop so we played with several alignment options. Issue is the fronts without any easy way to adjust so I am looking for some options there.

Front Camber: Left -1.0 Right -.7
Front Toe: Left: -.06 Right -.09
Total Front Toe: -.14
Rear Camber: Left -1.8 Right: -1.8
Rear Toe Left: -.06 Right -.09
Total Rear Toe: -.15

Overall, the car is WAY more fun to drive and now looking at some braking upgrades!

FYI, I had the guys at the shop drill some small holes above the front dampers for easier adjustment. Highly recommended!
Where did you get that neat little cover? This is clean.

I just drilled a hole either side in the frunk cover and then blanked with easy to remove grommets.

2520A2C5-B06C-4FA2-813A-3102C80B6A0C.jpeg
B4A6564F-E1C1-45C2-8E01-82207F6D015E.jpeg