Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP AWD/Performance Coilover Impression and Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For installing the coilovers, it's fairly simple because you only need to jack up the front or the back at a time. To work on the front:

- Jack up rear right, put jackstand under front right.
- Move the jack to jack up rear left, put jackstand under front left.

and then vice versa when you're working the rear.

That discussion you linked is more for rotating tires, where jacking up all four corners makes it easier for rearward cross rotation. For that, I bought the Rennstands from Safe Jacks. They are not cheap, but makes tire rotation easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmaddr
HALP! HELP!

I'm finally installing the MPP Sports coilovers. I know I know I'm a bit late after receiving them many months ago.

I'm having trouble turning the rebound knob on one of the rear shocks. It won't turn at all. Even with decent force.

The other rear shock turns easily/normally.

Any ideas?!?!

I'm trying to set it to 11C/9R

HELP! HALP!

HALP! HELP!

I'm finally installing the MPP Sports coilovers. I know I know I'm a bit late after receiving them many months ago.

I'm having trouble turning the rebound knob on one of the rear shocks. It won't turn at all. Even with decent force.

The other rear shock turns easily/normally.

Any ideas?!?!

I'm trying to set it to 11C/9R

HELP! HALP!

Answered your email last night!

After just installing the coilovers myself, I would highly recommend getting MPP Sport coilovers first then deciding if you need sways. I feel that the coilovers have solved much of the understeer.

I don't think it needs it. MPP has stated that it doesn't need it. And some of the guys on here who race their Model 3s say it doesn't need it with the right alignment settings.

My plan is to get the MPP FUCAs to make the front end have more grip.

• Love
Reactions: MountainPass