Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Coilovers AWD/Performance Owners in NorCal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it is interesting to note - if the road is bumpy enough - it takes virtually no time to recognize the improvement - our fellow forum member noticed/commented and agreed the ride was better in the first 30 seconds of leaving the parking lot - cause the road is quite bumpy in this particular place on our test circuit - basically the two cars are night day - one clearly better in ride quality - and it's not the OEM factory one.

Having gone from stock mediocre suspension to purpose built coil overs before in other cars, I would expect exactly what you reported...however, I’m sure their are lots of disappointments out there as well.

Last edited:
Team,

I have included the google link of our "test circuit" and those that recongize it will attest to:
  • twisty
  • bumpy
  • poorly maintained
  • narrow
  • pot holes
  • bumps
  • gaps
  • tree roots
  • man hole covers w/bumps
  • hairpin turns
  • elevation changes
Google Maps

Questions and comments are welcome.

@dortor4ev

I not only know your "test track" intimately, I grew up in Montevideo, about 3 blocks from the Camden end of your test ;-). I spent a lotta high school nights up on Hicks/Reynolds Rd., partying and, you know, parking, back in the (blank) decade!

When I take delivery, I'll have to ping you. If you're open to it, I would like to get a ride in a M3P with the MPP Sport coilover kit installed. And of course I'd be happy to mention that you referred me when I purchase them.

Cheers!

/TCP

Reactions: dortor4ev
Nothing short of transformative when done right. Sounds like MPP nailed it.
Oh nailed it they absolutely did.

I hope anyone in the market for coilovers knows that they don't have to.....
1.) Pay top market prices for coilovers with specially marketed valves to obtain a ride that is both comfortable and high performance
2.) Sacrifice performance and adjustability for comfort

With Mountain Pass Performance Sport coilovers you can have your cake and eat it too!

Oh nailed it they absolutely did.

I hope anyone in the market for coilovers knows that they don't have to.....
1.) Pay top market prices for coilovers with specially marketed valves to obtain a ride that is both comfortable and high performance
2.) Sacrifice performance and adjustability for comfort

With Mountain Pass Performance Sport coilovers you can have your cake and eat it too!

Between MPP Comfort, MPP Sport, MPP Sport hybrid, Ohlins Performance/GT which one would you choose for strictly street driving and why? Take money out of the equation.

Thanks

Reactions: gcmak
Between MPP Comfort, MPP Sport, MPP Sport hybrid, Ohlins Performance/GT which one would you choose for strictly street driving and why? Take money out of the equation.

Thanks
I can’t imagine there would be even one Model 3 owner who would have experienced all those options on the exact same car. I would, however, be interested to hear as many comparison reviews on any of the above mentioned setups strictly from a street driving perspective on base model (non-performance) cars.

Reactions: Murattukaalai

Thanks
If I were looking for coilovers right now from scratch, I would choose MPP Sport just based on the amount of good feedback people have given on those.

It also helps that they shared a video on YouTube detailing how they developed the coilovers.