Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mpp coilovers owners. Sport or comfort to match bmw f80 m3 feel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mpp coilover owners, I had a BMW m3 f80 and always ran in comfort mode. What's the best route to match that feel? Sport or comfort coilovers? Losing sleep over this lol. Saved money with the stealth performance so looking to invest in suspension and drop the wheel gap to a reasonable level. Input appreciated!

Sports. Even at near full stiff, it's still bearable on the street. More than four weeks after my last track day I realized that I had not changed back to "street" settings. Still haven't, but will before embarking on a road trip this week.

Reactions: hocr
Think the answer is pretty clear that sport would be the safe pick, thanks everyone!

I just picked up my stealth and med/large bumps on the highway seemed to unsettle the car above 80mph. Everyday around town driving seems fine.

Hoping the MP coils will smooth it out a little

@MountainPass - How does the comfort coilover compare to the sport at F 14c/12r and R 12c/10r? That's my daily setting and what @hocr just experienced in the passenger seat.

The comforts will still be softer than the Sports on those settings! What did @hocr think? If they are looking for F80 M3 feel then we would also recommend Sports.

Sports. Even at near full stiff, it's still bearable on the street. More than four weeks after my last track day I realized that I had not changed back to "street" settings. Still haven't, but will before embarking on a road trip this week.

I leave mine on the low grip/technical track damper settings and love it. Passengers don't even know the car has aftermarket suspension.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
The comforts will still be softer than the Sports on those settings! What did @hocr think? If they are looking for F80 M3 feel then we would also recommend Sports.

I leave mine on the low grip/technical track damper settings and love it. Passengers don't even know the car has aftermarket suspension.

I actually really liked them! We drove around local bumpy roads and some highway as well. The car had minimal body roll and better pitch control. The suspension handled undulations at highway speeds much better. I was looking out for any sounds coming from the co or harshness but pleasantly found none. That was a main concern to pass the wife test. Hah. Comfort wise I wouldn't have known they were any different from stock around town as it felt the same. I plan on ordering a set since it seems you will have stock in Oct!

Thanks everyone and especially @mcbarnet007 for being so generous with his time.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcbarnet007
I actually really liked them! We drove around local bumpy roads and some highway as well. The car had minimal body roll and better pitch control. The suspension handled undulations at highway speeds much better. I was looking out for any sounds coming from the co or harshness but pleasantly found none. That was a main concern to pass the wife test. Hah. Comfort wise I wouldn't have known they were any different from stock around town as it felt the same. I plan on ordering a set since it seems you will have stock in Oct!

Thanks everyone and especially @mcbarnet007 for being so generous with his time.
Yes, thank you @mcbarnet007 for volunteering your car and your time to help @hocr make a decision :)