Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

mpp coilovers :

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The burden of proof is on Tesla if any part of the suspension system fails due to the MPP coilovers. However, any warranty covered repairs in the suspension system will now cost you ~$200/hr to have it fixed plus any parts. Keep in mind though, it wouldn't be too hard for Tesla to blame the coilovers for premature wear/failures in the bushings/ball joints/control arms, etc.

Case in point, I swapped out the OEM wheels and tires with aftermarket wheels right after I took delivery. In the process, I removed the TPMS from the OEM wheels and put them on new wheels. It was perfectly fine for 3k miles or so then one of the sensors failed. I talked to a Tesla service advisor for a replacement but they wouldn't even touch it saying they don't even have a wheel/tire machine that will remove the tire safely without damaging my wheel. Even if they could, he said, they will have to charge for the labor and the new sensor ($250 + $75 respectively) because it may have been damaged during the transfer (it wasn't). This would have been covered under warranty without question had I kept the OEM set up.