Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coilover reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Front compression: 10 (Clicks open from full stiff)
Front rebound: 12 (Clicks open from full stiff)

Rear compression: 10 (Clicks open from full stiff)
Rear rebound: 10 (Clicks open from full stiff)

I recently upgraded from aftermarket springs w/ stock dampers to MPP Sport Coilovers and the difference is night and day!

The MPP/KW damper quality is what you would expect from KW... extremely high quality. The MPP damper forks and spring spacers are also very well made.

First thing I immediately noticed was that there was no more clunking noises from the front suspension at low speeds. With my previous setup I used to get binding noises going up and down drive ways and whenever I made turns at slow speeds (under 5 mph).

Body roll, road noise and wheel vibration has been significantly reduced. The dampers do an excellent job doing what it’s intended to do. The car stays flat on high speed turns and absorbs all the imperfections of the road. The suspension has definitely improved ride quality and has made driving much more enjoyable.

The car also feels more composed over dips and bumpy roads. I am no longer being launched out of my seat! I used to be embarrassed driving people around in my car and my wife used to complain that I ruined the comfort of the car but not anymore!

This was an investment worth every penny and I should've never wasted my time and money on aftermarket springs. I learned from my own mistake and will never settle for anything less that a quality coilover system. Whoever says their ride quality improved from lowering springs probably has never had a set of quality coilovers.

2CD58DFA-8F35-41BA-8330-9CAF28C89B5D.jpeg
2BFC133C-B883-441A-A234-0201C37AEF36.jpeg
9B499130-BB8B-4ACB-A3A9-30705AAE2385.jpeg
A3D3535A-EEBC-4B6F-A3FD-04156E9634A9.jpeg
F35FB745-FDAA-4FEB-8005-9CB0DBA7EA29.jpeg

I recently upgraded from aftermarket springs w/ stock dampers to MPP Sport Coilovers and the difference is night and day!

The MPP/KW damper quality is what you would expect from KW... extremely high quality. The MPP damper forks and spring spacers are also very well made.

First thing I immediately noticed was that there was no more clunking noises from the front suspension at low speeds. With my previous setup I used to get binding noises going up and down drive ways and whenever I made turns at slow speeds (under 5 mph).

Body roll, road noise and wheel vibration has been significantly reduced. The dampers do an excellent job doing what it’s intended to do. The car stays flat on high speed turns and absorbs all the imperfections of the road. The suspension has definitely improved ride quality and has made driving much more enjoyable.

The car also feels more composed over dips and bumpy roads. I am no longer being launched out of my seat! I used to be embarrassed driving people around in my car and my wife used to complain that I ruined the comfort of the car but not anymore!

This was an investment worth every penny and I should've never wasted my time and money on aftermarket springs. I learned from my own mistake and will never settle for anything less that a quality coilover system. Whoever says their ride quality improved from lowering springs probably has never had a set of quality coilovers.

View attachment 462478 View attachment 462479 View attachment 462480 View attachment 462482 View attachment 462483

Awesome! Your car looks fantastic and I am also jealous of your garage floor! Have a great weekend and enjoy your new coilovers :D

-Jesse

Last edited:

View attachment 462478 View attachment 462479 View attachment 462480 View attachment 462482 View attachment 462483
Great review and pics!

I've been SERIOUSLY thinking about these MPP Comfort coilovers recently. I had the UP Super Performance on my LR AWD but just sold that and now have the P3+ and I think I want to do it right the first time. I will probably do these comfort coilovers instead of springs... :D

Great review and pics!

I've been SERIOUSLY thinking about these MPP Comfort coilovers recently. I had the UP Super Performance on my LR AWD but just sold that and now have the P3+ and I think I want to do it right the first time. I will probably do these comfort coilovers instead of springs... :D

Actually as beastmode has already suggested do take a serious look at the MPP sports coilovers. If Comfort is a number one priority consider the new hybrid set up that MPP is saying they are going to offer shortly, namely Comfort Springs plus the sport coilover shocks. This gives you several advantages including the ability to compensate for long-term wear in the shock by simply dialing up its firmness. Plus the car becomes significantly more trackable if that's an interest. The sports coilovers take it up to another level and are actually still very comfortable. But you get better control over roll and pitch. Some of that is no doubt coming from the shocks but also some of it is coming from the firmer Springs.

Actually as beastmode has already suggested do take a serious look at the MPP sports coilovers. If Comfort is a number one priority consider the new hybrid set up that MPP is saying they are going to offer shortly, namely Comfort Springs plus the sport coilover shocks. This gives you several advantages including the ability to compensate for long-term wear in the shock by simply dialing up its firmness. Plus the car becomes significantly more trackable if that's an interest. The sports coilovers take it up to another level and are actually still very comfortable. But you get better control over roll and pitch. Some of that is no doubt coming from the shocks but also some of it is coming from the firmer Springs.
I would say if you are serious about the track to stick with the Firm springs, the Comfort springs will have too much body roll for more than a beginner driver on the track. - Jesse

Thanks for the information - much appreciated!

I've had my new one for 2 weeks (today), so I haven't tracked it.

I thought about possibly tracking it down the road a little bit (something I may want to do with my son when he's a little older), however, I've never done that so you could say I'm a "beginner." I'm looking for a very comfortable ride but also suspension that will help on those spirited drives, etc.

I would say if you are serious about the track to stick with the Firm springs, the Comfort springs will have too much body roll for more than a beginner driver on the track. - Jesse

Right now I'm definitely not "serious about the track." I would think the comfort coilovers would more than suffice - especially coming from UP springs, but still be enough when I want those spirited drives, etc.

I thought about possibly tracking it down the road a little bit (something I may want to do with my son when he's a little older), however, I've never done that so you could say I'm a "beginner." I'm looking for a very comfortable ride but also suspension that will help on those spirited drives, etc.

Right now I'm definitely not "serious about the track." I would think the comfort coilovers would more than suffice - especially coming from UP springs, but still be enough when I want those spirited drives, etc.

Fair enough! It is going to be quite the surprise for you going from lowering springs to either of our kits.

Reactions: <MACK>

I think whether you go with the MPP sports coilovers or the new hybrid set up that MPP is talking about you will experience a transformation of the vehicle. Either just as good ride and way better handling, or somewhat better ride and somewhat better handling. In that sense you can split the Improvement kind of equally between ride and handling by using the Comfort coilovers or max out the handling benefits and get the sport coilovers . And this is from the standpoint of the car already having an excellent ride and handling balance particularly once Tesla revised the shock and spring tuning sometime in the early part of 2018. I tend to favor firmer suspensions, but the sport suspension set at 10 / 8 is just about perfect for me, and combines an excellent if firm ride with very locked down tracking in corners. Full disclosure - I was coming from a racing coilover kit on a Lexus IS350 that required a kidney belt to drive it on the street.

@MountainPass — Any recommendations for an installer in the Chicago area? I’m still waiting for delivery of my “hybrid” setup but will be anxious to get them on the car once they arrive...would love any thoughts you may have on a trusted installer in this area. Thanks—can’t wait!

I went through our coilover customer list and couldn't find anyone in IL to ask for a recommendation. Hopefully someone here can help you out!

I've been SERIOUSLY thinking about these MPP Comfort coilovers recently. I had the UP Super Performance on my LR AWD but just sold that and now have the P3+ and I think I want to do it right the first time. I will probably do these comfort coilovers instead of springs... :D[/QUOTE]

Coilover sports or comfort wether you will track or not, do yourself a favor, do it right the first time. I am jealous you have a performance car and I have a 2wd and I regret it big time but had to live with it. I did not do the springs and went with Coilover as I don’t want to make the wrong decision/mistake. In other words pull the trigger and go for the Coilover. MPP is an awesome company and they have absolutely great customer support.

Attachments

• 553914E3-8091-4D11-BB02-CFAFB7A97509.jpeg
    553914E3-8091-4D11-BB02-CFAFB7A97509.jpeg
    777.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 90E55867-B544-4B10-AE70-455502C2B805.jpeg
    90E55867-B544-4B10-AE70-455502C2B805.jpeg
    653.6 KB · Views: 176
  • B5F32B25-EBEA-47B9-A922-6B023EF25A5C.jpeg
    B5F32B25-EBEA-47B9-A922-6B023EF25A5C.jpeg
    595.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 2D9A7084-0D56-4EBA-B97C-0D501F30EE04.jpeg
    2D9A7084-0D56-4EBA-B97C-0D501F30EE04.jpeg
    625.8 KB · Views: 166

Coilover sports or comfort wether you will track or not, do yourself a favor, do it right the first time. I am jealous you have a performance car and I have a 2wd and I regret it big time but had to live with it. I did not do the springs and went with Coilover as I don’t want to make the wrong decision/mistake. In other words pull the trigger and go for the Coilover. MPP is an awesome company and they have absolutely great customer support.[/QUOTE]

@M3RideHeight,

Love your Mods! What wheels/specs are you running?

Ski

Damn you MPP...I wish I had the choice of a hybrid setup as I got the comfort coilovers and got aftermarket swaybars from UPP. The comforts are great for daily driving and softer than the KW street comfort coilovers I had on a previous VW GTI, but I don’t regret supporting MPP for stepping up with great products and support for Tesla owners and a bonus for being Canadian.

I’ll probably only track once per year and prefer to rent a race prepped car when I go to Las Vegas for some track fun. The comfort with swaybars are more than enough for my daily driving needs and the Performance 3 is more car than I can ever handle on a track like Area 27 in the Okanagan...I should take a few laps with a pro one day to learn proper lines and braking. Still anxiously waiting for my MPP UCA for show stopping 21” Signature 2-piece wheels I’m planning to get for next spring.

Last edited: