Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coilover reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any recommendations for installers in the Seattle area? One shop quoted me $1600 (including balance and alignment).

Seattle installers - We've got some for you!

Cantrell Motorsport

Tru-Line Seattle

Achtuning

You can also take the car to any aftermarket modification shop, as it is a straight forward install. A lot of my customers go to higher-end shops that normally work on Porsche and Audi, so the prices tend to be higher for installation.

I personally wouldn't bring our parts to Unplugged because that seems weird to do. I wouldn't be thrilled if someone brought a competitor's parts to me!

• Informative
Reactions: RB88
I just got the comforts installed on my car and I’m very general terms (1) the car looks awesome lowered (2) the coilovers handle the same or better than stock for all bumps, potholes and road imperfections. A good balance of firmness and comfort(2) the car is rock solid and planted in turns, far superior to stock, minimal body roll and well planted tires (3) the recommend height is quite low (approx 1 finger wheel to fender gap) so make sure that the installer adjusts upwards from the recommended level if you only want minimal drop.

View attachment 398810

View attachment 398811
I thought the Comforts were not ajustable?
Is it about same height as M3 P ?

How is it on speedbumps,..ramps...ect for scrapping ?
Thanks.

The problem with setting them very high is a lack of suspension droop, which will affect the ride quality. The primary focus of the coilovers is to offer a solution for lowering the Model 3 without compromising ride quality. Fixing the stock ride quality at stock ride height was not our goal.
Is the stock model 3 lower than most cars to begin with ?... my only concern is Scraping the bottom also
Raised my suspension 1/2 inch from initial install. So now looks like this:

View attachment 406524

With this much clearance:

View attachment 406525
Yours looks like a similar drop to mine, so I was just curious.

This is what mine looks like NOW based on 3.5 turns in the front from default and 4.5 turns in the rear:

View attachment 406838

This is how it looked with one full turn on both front and rear from default (that I found too low):

View attachment 406839

View attachment 406524

View attachment 406525

This is what mine looks like NOW based on 3.5 turns in the front from default and 4.5 turns in the rear:

View attachment 406838

This is how it looked with one full turn on both front and rear from default (that I found too low):

View attachment 406839

View attachment 406838

View attachment 406839

View attachment 406524

View attachment 406525
The recommended height is just what we thought looks best while still being functional. Up here in Toronto, we have a saying for slammed cars- "California Low". So to be honest, we are surprised to hear folks are finding our recommendation too low! We may have to increase the height a few mm if this is the case.

The recommended height is just what we thought looks best while still being functional. Up here in Toronto, we have a saying for slammed cars- "California Low". So to be honest, we are surprised to hear folks are finding our recommendation too low! We may have to increase the height a few mm if this is the case.
Yes scraping

View attachment 406524

View attachment 406525

I've been running MPP comfort non-adjustable for a couple months now and I really love the ride now on my model 3. Initially, I didn't feel a massive improvement over stock right after they were installed (obviously this is subjective), but I did feel like the ride was less "bumpy" feeling going over pot holes and imperfections in the road. However, the ride got a lottt better as they started to break in.

In regards to body roll and overall handling, I feel confident in saying that they did improve with the MPP comforts. This however, might be more apparent the lower you take them down (I'm sitting with less than 1 finger gap). Would be curious if people with more modest drops feel like the handling and body roll has improved for them too.

I've been running MPP comfort non-adjustable for a couple months now and I really love the ride now on my model 3. Initially, I didn't feel a massive improvement over stock right after they were installed (obviously this is subjective), but I did feel like the ride was less "bumpy" feeling going over pot holes and imperfections in the road. However, the ride got a lottt better as they started to break in.

In regards to body roll and overall handling, I feel confident in saying that they did improve with the MPP comforts. This however, might be more apparent the lower you take them down (I'm sitting with less than 1 finger gap). Would be curious if people with more modest drops feel like the handling and body roll has improved for them too.

Sorry I meant less "bouncy" and not "bumpy"

Thanks for your feedback :)

Reactions: baylife650

we have the MPP comfort adjustable system on my wife's car and for sure both the handling and the ride are better. We have similar wheel gaps so I don't have anything different to report. Body roll is definitely reduced at least some not as much as with the sport kit for sure but still it's a worthwhile improvement.