Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coilover reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@MountainPass,

Great having MPP on here to connect with... and great to hear positive experiences from TMC'ers! Thanks very much guys.

Sounds like MPP Comfort Coilovers are what I'm looking for... I'm on Tesla 20" factory performance wheels. (on M3D AWD) in summer with factory Michelin 4S, and factory 18's wheels and tires for winter.

Here's where I'd like to land and would appreciate your feedback and direction on which product to get:
  1. Like what I hear about the ride MPP CC's provide AND I currently experience some body roll in turns I'd like to 'stiffen away' a bit.

2. Like to lower car around 1 inch (nothing extreme).

3. Could the CC's deliver both a noticeable bit of stiffening, and the improved ride quality TMC'ers are talking about? Or is that expecting too much from them? Or should I use the other Sport/Performance Coil Overs? Not looking for this car to be any kind of track beast.

4. Related... would /should I make any adjustment when I switch from 20" to 18" wheels, seasonally?

5. Perhaps most important... who can install these in Long Island / NYC area for me? I've inquired through MPP site, but no replies. I have a performance shop in Queens that you can connect with who says they would do it if you wanted to add a distributor/installer, but rather work with someone you reccomend that's done this on Telsa's.
I'd imagine there's others who feel similarly. I guess we all just want what we want, right?

Anyway, would be fun to make the change for this summer. Thanks in advance.

@MountainPass,

Great having MPP on here to connect with... and great to hear positive experiences from TMC'ers! Thanks very much guys.

Sounds like MPP Comfort Coilovers are what I'm looking for... I'm on Tesla 20" factory performance wheels. (on M3D AWD) in summer with factory Michelin 4S, and factory 18's wheels and tires for winter.

Here's where I'd like to land and would appreciate your feedback and direction on which product to get:
  1. Like what I hear about the ride MPP CC's provide AND I currently experience some body roll in turns I'd like to 'stiffen away' a bit.

2. Like to lower car around 1 inch (nothing extreme).

3. Could the CC's deliver both a noticeable bit of stiffening, and the improved ride quality TMC'ers are talking about? Or is that expecting too much from them? Or should I use the other Sport/Performance Coil Overs? Not looking for this car to be any kind of track beast.

4. Related... would /should I make any adjustment when I switch from 20" to 18" wheels, seasonally?

5. Perhaps most important... who can install these in Long Island / NYC area for me? I've inquired through MPP site, but no replies. I have a performance shop in Queens that you can connect with who says they would do it if you wanted to add a distributor/installer, but rather work with someone you reccomend that's done this on Telsa's.
I'd imagine there's others who feel similarly. I guess we all just want what we want, right?

Anyway, would be fun to make the change for this summer. Thanks in advance.

I don't recall seeing any emails about installers in NY, please let me know when you sent the email so we can figure out what happened! We have some customers from NY and NJ who have had coilovers installed in that area. I can drop them some emails and see where they went and if they recommend the shops they used. Off the top of my head, Labworx Development in NJ.

The CC will improve your body roll and brake dive slightly, since they use linear rate springs. They are, however, not really much firmer than stock, since the main goal was to allow lowering the car without incurring a harsh ride. The Sports kit has roughly 20% firmer springs, and also the ability to adjust the compression and rebound damping so you can get your ride dialled in. It is worth noting that at full soft, they will still be firmer than the CC.

There are no adjustments needed when swapping between wheels, unless you like the way it looks at a certain height with certain wheels.

If you have any more questions feel free to shoot us an email at [email protected]!

The CC will improve your body roll and brake dive slightly,
MPP:
Is there still an annoying amount of roll? I realize that my annoyance is personal and subjective, and you can’t guarantee my happiness, but I just want it to ride more like the German cars that I have driven for the last 40 years. Based on that, do you think I would be happier with the sport version?

MPP:
Is there still an annoying amount of roll? I realize that my annoyance is personal and subjective, and you can’t guarantee my happiness, but I just want it to ride more like the German cars that I have driven for the last 40 years. Based on that, do you think I would be happier with the sport version?

Annoying? No, I don't personally think so. Our goal with the Sports dampers was BMW M car, so it sounds like that would be more up your alley. They are far from harsh, because of the dampers it still rides amazing.

• Informative
Reactions: skrtskrt
Hello, I have the RWD Model 3 for 8 months with stock 18 inch wheels and pilot sport 4s. I love the car and it handles great on twisty roads, but I'm unhappy with the ride comfort, it's bumpy and a bit jarring compared to my previous Lexus GS430 . Can you recommend which components to replace if I don't really care about improving performance or handling or looks, and all I really want is better ride comfort closer to a Lexus?

Hello, I have the RWD Model 3 for 8 months with stock 18 inch wheels and pilot sport 4s. I love the car and it handles great on twisty roads, but I'm unhappy with the ride comfort, it's bumpy and a bit jarring compared to my previous Lexus GS430 . Can you recommend which components to replace if I don't really care about improving performance or handling or looks, and all I really want is better ride comfort closer to a Lexus?
If you want more comfort out of your suspension you should get Mountain Pass Comfort coilovers...o_O

Reactions: gilscales
I need a ride in a Model 3 with Mountain Pass coilovers, either comfort or sport, in southern California. I am in the south bay, Torrance, Palos Verdes, but I will drive to you for a short ride in your car. Thanks. I have read everything there is on this, but I need to feel it before pulling the trigger.

I need a ride in a Model 3 with Mountain Pass coilovers, either comfort or sport, in southern California. I am in the south bay, Torrance, Palos Verdes, but I will drive to you for a short ride in your car. Thanks. I have read everything there is on this, but I need to feel it before pulling the trigger.
Don’t forget me! I’m in Long Beach, I’m ready to go for a ride!

Reactions: BYE FOSL
Annoying? No, I don't personally think so. Our goal with the Sports dampers was BMW M car, so it sounds like that would be more up your alley. They are far from harsh, because of the dampers it still rides amazing.

I’m looking for something like this. I want the car suspension to perform like a BMW M. Comfortable, but when you push it, it sticks, especially around the corners. Right now if you slam the brakes around a corner the car suspension doesn’t hug, instead it loses it’s composure and the technology kicks in and makes it smooth but you lose braking distance because of it. A BMW M will hug and brake and just do it better. (I have a P3D+)

If you want more comfort out of your suspension you should get Mountain Pass Comfort coilovers...o_O
Not helpful. I'm nervous that I could invest in mpp comfort coilovers and they are less comfortable than stock for ride comfort. I also want to know what other parts of the suspension to replace in addition to adding coilovers to get the best ride comfort. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Not helpful. I'm nervous that I could invest in mpp comfort coilovers and they are less comfortable than stock for ride comfort. I also want to know what other parts of the suspension to replace in addition to adding coilovers to get the best ride comfort. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

I just got the comforts installed on my car and I’m very general terms (1) the car looks awesome lowered (2) the coilovers handle the same or better than stock for all bumps, potholes and road imperfections. A good balance of firmness and comfort(2) the car is rock solid and planted in turns, far superior to stock, minimal body roll and well planted tires (3) the recommend height is quite low (approx 1 finger wheel to fender gap) so make sure that the installer adjusts upwards from the recommended level if you only want minimal drop.

30999A1D-663C-4F33-A480-2266824CA0A1.jpeg

9899D98E-9446-49C4-A646-10632EA9EC74.jpeg

I just got the comforts installed on my car and I’m very general terms (1) the car looks awesome lowered (2) the coilovers handle the same or better than stock for all bumps, potholes and road imperfections. A good balance of firmness and comfort(2) the car is rock solid and planted in turns, far superior to stock, minimal body roll and well planted tires (3) the recommend height is quite low (approx 1 finger wheel to fender gap) so make sure that the installer adjusts upwards from the recommended level if you only want minimal drop.

View attachment 398810

View attachment 398811

Did you use spacers or is that the stock offset? Did you have to use adjustable control arms to get the alignment right?

If anyone has advice on what suspension components I can replace in addition to getting comfort coilovers to get better ride comfort than stock with 18s then it will be much appreciated. Thanks!

What other components are you thinking about? Most of the other components are linkages/bars that do not have a substantial impact on ride quality. Coilovers are by FAR the #1 thing that will change your ride quality.

• Informative
Reactions: MountainPass
the recommend height is quite low (approx 1 finger wheel to fender gap) so make sure that the installer adjusts upwards from the recommended level if you only want minimal drop.

This looks fantastic. I got the MPP CC too and am just waiting for them to get installed. In the meantime, I'm contemplating what height I want to set mine to because i'm also planning to upgrade to 19s from my stock aeros in the next month or so. Would you mind measuring the ground clearance like in this photo? Stock ride height is dupposed to be 5.5"/140mm

I'm curious how much lower you are now based on these settings.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 11.09.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 11.09.47 AM.png
    191.8 KB · Views: 136
This looks fantastic. I got the MPP CC too and am just waiting for them to get installed. In the meantime, I'm contemplating what height I want to set mine to because i'm also planning to upgrade to 19s from my stock aeros in the next month or so. Would you mind measuring the ground clearance like in this photo? Stock ride height is dupposed to be 5.5"/140mm

I'm curious how much lower you are now based on these settings.

C4F0D811-58DD-4692-B5B4-064E9AEDC78C.jpeg

Appears to be approx 4.5”. Measurement taken at the center door seam. Measurement point in top pick is approx. 4.25” below bottom of door.

69F8DD51-9763-4C98-B1AE-AF271BB7D7CD.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: is2scooby