Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coilover reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is rear arm (camber and toe) needed? What's the main purpose for them?

About to install the mpp comfort coilover but didn't have rear arm.

From factory, you have very limited range of adjustment for rear toe and zero for camber. The arms allows you to adjust and re-align the car properly after lowering it. If you aren't lowering the car a ton (more than 1") you will probably be fine without the adjustable arms.

I believe that someone posted about putting the softer springs of the comfort model on the sport model, not sure if they cleared that with Sasha at MPP because then the sport may have to be re valved to match the softer spring rate, ask MPP about this if it would interest you

I will send them an email about that option. I thought I read that somewhere else as well but I can’t find that post anymore.

Didn’t really want to pay for the adjustable shocks to get stainless, but I am also possibly going to miss out on the pre-order discount if I keep debating with myself endlessly...

I will send them an email about that option. I thought I read that somewhere else as well but I can’t find that post anymore.

Didn’t really want to pay for the adjustable shocks to get stainless, but I am also possibly going to miss out on the pre-order discount if I keep debating with myself endlessly...
Also having had adjustable and non adjustable coilovers on 2 different cars, It is nice to be able to adjust them to your liking even though once you find the "Sweet spot" you will likely never adjust them again, if you have fixed then you get a balanced adjustment that may be to firm or soft to your liking, on my adjustable ones I was in the softest 25% of the adjustment range for my preference, just something to think about.

Can anyone give me some idea what it would cost to install these? I'm in Southern California.
my guess is $400? for the coilovers then you will need an alignment after about 500 to 1,000 miles to give the springs a chance to settle (they can drop up to 1/2") There are so many places capable of installing the coilovers and camber & toe arms if you want to add those as well, Evasive motorsports in Santa Fe Springs installed some for me in the past and they are the ones that are also handling a group buy for model 3 specific forged wheels from Titan 7 wheels

Contact Us

Last edited:

@capn00,

Let us know what you find. How much is the discount?

Ski

Is there an actual discount if we pre-order? The site for sport states: Estimated Price $2550
Is this the discounted price or the non discounted price?

Prior Experience:

I had the same experience as Ervic, as I started off with UP Moderates and switched over to the MPP Comfort Coils. My intention was to reduce the wheel gap and gain some improved handling, but there were some shortcomings with just installing springs w/o shocks. Based on my experiences in the tuner scene (years ago) I never had positive experiences with just swapping springs, as they were just too bumpy and often times bottom out on the bump stops. Fast forward to my Model 3, I had a gut feeling to go with MPP coils, but figured I could save some extra cash and put that into new wheels and get PPF done. Boy was I wrong. :(

Upon installing the springs and driving with them 120 miles a day, dealing with large bumps and high-frequency splits/cracks on the freeway became annoying. On smooth roads the springs felt great, but when dealing with bumps, the rear of the car tended to oscillate up and down and not settle quickly. I'm assuming this was due to lack of dampening of the OEM shocks paired with the lowering springs.

In terms of taking high speed curves (i.e. on/off ramps), I did not feel as confident taking them with the new springs. I can't really describe the feeling, but I felt the rear was a bit wobbly/un-settled. The stock suspension just felt tight and controlled going into the turn even if there was a bit more body-roll. On top of all that, I also experienced other issues as some others have mentioned:

1. Front springs making a boing sounds when turning at low speeds.
2. Click/tapping sound coming from rear springs when hitting bumps.
3. Additional creaks and rattles coming from inside the cabin.

MPP Comfort Coil Experience:

With all of the above issues, I decided to bite the bullet and make the order for the MPP Comfort Coils and Rear Arms (camber and toe). After spending a few hours on installing them myself in the garage, I immediately noticed a huge difference just pulling out into the driveway and onto the road. All taps/clicks were gone and no more noises from the front springs. My neighborhood has speed bumps at every block and the MP coils handled them with ease. High speed turns felt similar to OEM (sporty and tight) and freeway commuting was finally comfortable again. I have not yet experienced any bottoming out on any large bumps or poles. Overall, I would say they perform very close to stock and maybe a tad more comfortable.

If you daily drive your Model 3 and want the lowered look without any sacrifices, the MP Comfort Coils are a must. Lowering is a modification to not cheap out on to save money, especially since we bought Model 3s. Do it right the first time and get the proper setup. Hope this helps some of you make the right decision if you're planning to make this modification.

Other Info:
Vehicle: Model 3 RWD LR
Wheels: Vorsteiner VFF-103 20" Staggered
Installer: DIY (feel free to DM if you have questions with install)
Alignment Shop: California Wheels in Campbell, CA
Daily Commute Miles: 120. Mostly on 680 and 280 in the San Francisco Bay Area

View attachment 366255 View attachment 366256
beautiful! perfect stance!

Do it guys, mpp coilover vs oem is night and day. Thx @MountainPass for making such great product!

FE026CB0-C7BC-4654-A49F-FF5D27E32458.jpeg

@dgaultiere, any specific reason to move to coil overs? If I recall, you currently have Tsportline springs. Your pictures have pushed me toward spacers (which I have now) and Springs (of which I am still waiting for my AWD preorder).
Yes, as others stated it’s simply not good ride quality on springs alone. It’s possible lowering springs can work well on other cars but my experience with the Model 3 is not good. And I’m not complaining about a “firm” ride here - I drove a GTI for a few years, so I’m pretty used to firmness. You can have a firm suspension that is still well balanced and handles bumps and divots with poise. This is not my experience with the t sportline springs on the 3. Small divots and bumps like road reflectors really jostle the car. In fact the suspension is not very stiff on slow bumps and road undulations, but it’s not at all composed on rough roads.