Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coilover reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went with a local shop. For folks in the Seattle area, I highly recommend Tru-Line in Bellevue. They did a great job and were super informative.

Looks like maybe my MPP suspension bits might be moving my way again, so need to zero in on a shop to install things. I see that Tru-Line has a shop in Seattle, which would be handier for me. Just as good, same people, Model 3 experience?

Would love to hear what everyone might have to say, particularly if you have any experience.

Thanks

Hmm, I don’t recall doing that, after all your measurement is your measurement. I haven’t measured mine, though I should be doing it soon — just got an email that my comfort coilovers are on the way!
Haha, I thought that was strange? I am waiting for someone to get some comfort coilovers installed in the Socal area to see if I can talk them into taking me on a test ride, I hope you post your before and after thoughts on ride/handling quality, are you currently on stock suspension?

I am on the stock suspension and I do like it. I have had a couple of sport suspensions in the past that I thought were too stiff, but the Model 3 feels like a good balance to me. I have over 7000 miles on the car, including 3 road trips to SoCal. I have the 18” wheels right now, but I plan to go aftermarket once I get the suspension done. Haven’t decided between 18” or 19” though. My goal for the coilovers is simply to lower the car a bit and keep a similar suspension feel. A little more comfort would be OK.

I am on the stock suspension and I do like it. I have had a couple of sport suspensions in the past that I thought were too stiff, but the Model 3 feels like a good balance to me. I have over 7000 miles on the car, including 3 road trips to SoCal. I have the 18” wheels right now, but I plan to go aftermarket once I get the suspension done. Haven’t decided between 18” or 19” though. My goal for the coilovers is simply to lower the car a bit and keep a similar suspension feel. A little more comfort would be OK.
I feel the same way about the suspension, the only way I would consider changing would be to gain better comfort while maintaining or improving upon the balanced handling, I am not really interested in lowering the car (been there, done that before twice) although I know that probably 3/4" lowering would be needed to keep the dampers in the sweet spot.

My car actually sits a 1/4" higher now than stock as I put 255/40/19 Continental Extremecontact DWS06 tires on, after 2,500 miles on them I can say the ride quality is a bit better than stock and handling has drastically improved at the expense of 10% range as now I'm averaging approx. 270/280 wh/mi where before I was in the 245/255 range

As a reply to the above and a follow up to my earlier posting, I'm still waiting on my performance coilovers. The order that shipped to me in March, and was then delayed, and finally delivered was just a portion of my whole order. Hopefully the coilovers will ship soon.

MPP doesn't come across as good in terms of communicating with customers, but perhaps the quality of their products will offset that.

As a reply to the above and a follow up to my earlier posting, I'm still waiting on my performance coilovers. The order that shipped to me in March, and was then delayed, and finally delivered was just a portion of my whole order. Hopefully the coilovers will ship soon.

MPP doesn't come across as good in terms of communicating with customers, but perhaps the quality of their products will offset that.

I check the email constantly, especially since we are located in Toronto and Californians tend to email us late into the evening when I am home. The problem is communication with KW, which to be honest is terrible. We have learned the hard way that their manufacturing and shipping deadlines mean pretty much nothing, as I have looked like a fool multiple times after telling customers the coilovers will arrive based on that schedule. We have learned to filter what they tell us, which unfortunately means being vague when customers ask us when they will get their coilovers. We ordered these coilovers in September, and they have somehow managed to take even longer than the RWD coilovers, without any explanation as to why they are constantly delayed. I get 10+ emails a day from pre-order customers asking when they will get their coilovers, so it is definitely not something we have forgotten about, it is the biggest daily challenge for us.

As for your coilovers supposedly shipping, then not shipping, that is another KW issue, as they randomly decided to start dropshipping coilovers before anyone had completed their preorders. I had to call them and get them cancelled, and they still did it 3 more times after that for no reason.

Now we are working our way down the pre-order list, completing payments and getting them sent out. The new issue is pre-order holders just not answering when we let them know they are ready, so we have to implement a deadline to pay before we skip them to the next person, as we have many of these to get through and waiting a week per set will just not work.

We can't wait to get past this stage and just have lots of them in stock ready to ship like the RWD versions. We are proud of the quality of our products, but we also want to offer the same if not better service as well, so it is definitely disheartening to see that you think we are sub-par in communication and we will try harder to improve that.

I check the email constantly, especially since we are located in Toronto and Californians tend to email us late into the evening when I am home. The problem is communication with KW, which to be honest is terrible. We have learned the hard way that their manufacturing and shipping deadlines mean pretty much nothing, as I have looked like a fool multiple times after telling customers the coilovers will arrive based on that schedule. We have learned to filter what they tell us, which unfortunately means being vague when customers ask us when they will get their coilovers. We ordered these coilovers in September, and they have somehow managed to take even longer than the RWD coilovers, without any explanation as to why they are constantly delayed. I get 10+ emails a day from pre-order customers asking when they will get their coilovers, so it is definitely not something we have forgotten about, it is the biggest daily challenge for us.

As for your coilovers supposedly shipping, then not shipping, that is another KW issue, as they randomly decided to start dropshipping coilovers before anyone had completed their preorders. I had to call them and get them cancelled, and they still did it 3 more times after that for no reason.

Now we are working our way down the pre-order list, completing payments and getting them sent out. The new issue is pre-order holders just not answering when we let them know they are ready, so we have to implement a deadline to pay before we skip them to the next person, as we have many of these to get through and waiting a week per set will just not work.

We can't wait to get past this stage and just have lots of them in stock ready to ship like the RWD versions. We are proud of the quality of our products, but we also want to offer the same if not better service as well, so it is definitely disheartening to see that you think we are sub-par in communication and we will try harder to improve that.

Are you dealing with KW america or direct ? I have good luck with KW america. Love their products and have them on every car.

I placed an order with Mountain Pass in February, emailed them a few times and they got back to me almost immediately each time. The delay is a bummer but out of their control. I decided to go with an air setup instead and they were nice enough to refund my preorder no hassle or questions asked. To me that says volumes about their customer service and id highly recommend them.

The wait is killing me. I'm tired of riding so high, and I've thought of changing to a different product more than once. However, I know folks with other products and they've been less than impressed. On the other hand, I've met a few folks with the MPP coilovers, both sport and comfort, and they have nothing but positive things to say.

So here I wait.

• Informative
Reactions: beastmode13
I am considering upgrading my Model 3 Performance with something like these coilovers. I would like to find someone who would be willing to maybe take me for a test ride before committing. Is there anyone in the San Jose,Ca area who has done this upgrade ? Is there anyone who is attending the next Tesla Corsa Event who has done this upgrade and would be willing to take me for a short ride - on or off track ?

Model 3 aftermarket suspension newbie here. I did read about half of the posts in this thread. My AWD 18" wheels does ride jarringly rough on poor & pothole roads. Couple questions. The MPP coilovers seem to get pretty universal positive reviews here. What else should I be considering to go with them? Any other suspension parts - control arms, etc.? Is installation doable by a moderately experienced DIY? Any special tools? No lift but I can jack up all 4 simultaneously. Best place to order & install - closest major city to me is Las Vegas. Approximate cost? What does installing these do to the Tesla warranty? TIA very much.

Model 3 aftermarket suspension newbie here. I did read about half of the posts in this thread. My AWD 18" wheels does ride jarringly rough on poor & pothole roads. Couple questions. The MPP coilovers seem to get pretty universal positive reviews here. What else should I be considering to go with them? Any other suspension parts - control arms, etc.? Is installation doable by a moderately experienced DIY? Any special tools? No lift but I can jack up all 4 simultaneously. Best place to order & install - closest major city to me is Las Vegas. Approximate cost? What does installing these do to the Tesla warranty? TIA very much.
Regardless of lowering springs or coilovers, you will need to use a spring compressor to do the install. Make sure you are comfortable with that step, it can be dangerous!