Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coilover reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got these MPP CC installed today! My biggest regret is not taking any better "before" photos other than ones attached. lol note: the "after" photos were from my installer, which is obviously not as clear as my "before" photos.

My initial thoughts basically echo much of what's been written and shared by others already. It really does feel better than stock, and it's esp noticeable over rough surfaces. Indeed, if you thought the stock ride felt like it was riding on rails, this will make it feel even more buttery smooth; the fact that we already get that roller coaster feeling with our cars being eletctric and with its torque, now it really feels like one that's planted on the road. The only downside I would mention, which honestly surprised me, is that the steering felt heavier. I had to switch from "standard" to "comfort" to get close to the same steering feel on the OEM suspension. Overall, though, this is my first time ever investing in coilovers, and I can't believe I waited this long to. But i'm so glad that I did with this car.

By the way, I dialed the height it in at one full turn UP from MPP's recommendation because I wanted to be about an inch lower than stock height, and not as low as MPP's recommended height; these ended up lowering my car by one and a quarter inch. While I absolutely love the look (minus the non-flushed tucked look of the aeros), I still want to raise it because I already scrape coming out of my driveway curb if i'm not being careful backing out; I had no problem going straight over speedbumps, however. I'm going to wait until I get my new 19" wheels mounted before I go back to raise it. For now, i'm going to enjoy the current height.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 448
  • before2.jpg
    before2.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 422
  • after.jpeg
    after.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 442
  • after1.jpeg
    after1.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
UPDATE:I finally dialed the MPP coils to my preferred height and I'm loving it! The ride feels very very slightly more floaty on rough surfaces than before, but that makes sense since it's literally sitting higher. I raised it approximately 6mm in the front and 8.4mm I'm the rear. I posted before and after photos for reference. I haven't measured ftg clearance from the battery yet.

Before: one full turn from default settings on front and rear

After: two and a half turns in the front and three and a half turns in the rear (to minimize the reverse rake appearance even though it's leveled) [also note that this photo isn't on leveled ground on my driveway.
**I'll take the same photo from the same spot as the before photo and update it.

Altogether, the car is now sitting 3.5 turns in the front and 4.5 turns in the rear from the default settings.

IMG_20190507_190020.jpg
IMG_20190509_200453.jpg
IMG_20190509_200604.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my review of the MPP Comfort Coilovers...

I had the MPP comfort coilovers installed about three weeks ago by my local shop in Santa Barbara - HP Autosport. Harold @ HP is super knowledgeable and helpful and does great work.

Thanks. Questions :

If someone is sick of the jarring OEM "fast compression" response, would you say this is worth it?
What cars you've driven would you compare the end result to?

Thanks. Questions :

If someone is sick of the jarring OEM "fast compression" response, would you say this is worth it?
What cars you've driven would you compare the end result to?
It’s definitely smoother than the OEM suspension, but we are talking more BMW than Lexus. For me, it strikes a great balance between handling and ride quality which is exactly what I wanted. Personally, I would have named the suspension “street sport” rather than “comfort”.

It’s definitely smoother than the OEM suspension, but we are talking more BMW than Lexus. For me, it strikes a great balance between handling and ride quality which is exactly what I wanted. Personally, I would have named the suspension “street sport” rather than “comfort”.
So how did you feel the car handled compared to the stock suspension? Obviously it's more comfortable, but do you feel like you made any concessions in relationship to handling? Can you describe the handling particularly roll

• Helpful
Reactions: BYE FOSL
So how did you feel the car handled compared to the stock suspension? Obviously it's more comfortable, but do you feel like you made any concessions in relationship to handling? Can you describe the handling particularly roll
I covered this in my original review, but for posterity: the handling is *better* than stock while also being more compliant. I can’t speak to spring rates or any technical aspects of how it would perform on a track.

This is purely my subjective experience, but I really feel like these coilovers improve over OEM in both respects. I’ve taken the car through some fun twisties several times on both OEM, T Sportline springs, and MPP comforts. The car is more responsive and planted in the turns with the MPP. Body roll is very minimal as well.

But you do feel they're more sophisticated overall, for both city driving over bad roads and traffic, as well as on smooth twistys and freeways? They're an upgrade on all counts?

But you do feel they're more sophisticated overall, for both city driving over bad roads and traffic, as well as on smooth twistys and freeways? They're an upgrade on all counts?
I’ve covered all this already. The answer is yes. I find them better both in terms of comfort and handling.

If you’re still on the fence you’re going to have to just try them for yourself or find another owner who is willing to give you a test drive.

For anyone in the SB area DM me and I would be happy to arrange a test ride.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
I had the shop do it since I have no tools.

Yours looks like a similar drop to mine, so I was just curious.

This is what mine looks like NOW based on 3.5 turns in the front from default and 4.5 turns in the rear:

after2.jpeg

This is how it looked with one full turn on both front and rear from default (that I found too low):

before3.jpg

Last edited: