Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coilover reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This exact same problem happened with my MPP coilovers. Jesse from MPP suspected what it was immediately and gave me the same advice to fix. Just got it fixed this week by East Bay Collision in Fremont...
Lucky. My installer can't get me in until next Friday. SMH... In fairness they were willing to take me yesterday, but I couldn't get out of work. Another weekend of annoying creaking sounds that make my car feel like it's rusting up every where. lol

Lucky. My installer can't get me in until next Friday. SMH... In fairness they were willing to take me yesterday, but I couldn't get out of work. Another weekend of annoying creaking sounds that make my car feel like it's rusting up every where. lol

Yeah the creaking is terribly annoying. I would say in preparation for the fix you could try to determine which spring or springs is rubbing. For me it was only the front left.

Thank you, beloved MPP customers, for taking the time to share your experiences with everyone here. We are having trouble keeping the Comforts in stock! They should be back on the shelves in about 2 weeks.

Hi Fellow TM3er's,
I had my MPP comfort coilovers installed 3 weeks ago.
I also noticed a slilght scraping sound but elected to let the suspension settle.
It's now noise-free, super low and RADICAL!!

As per Sasha's recommendation, I had Touge Tuning in the GTA do the install.
Real class guys, very meticulous and truly professional

Here's their link for any Toronto area Tesla owners: Touge Tuning - Subaru and Forced Induction Performance Shop

I really love what Sasha & James are creating at Mountain Pass Performance.
Next year, I want to upgrade to the MPP big brake kit!

Hi Fellow TM3er's,
I had my MPP comfort coilovers installed 3 weeks ago.
I also noticed a slilght scraping sound but elected to let the suspension settle.
It's now noise-free, super low and RADICAL!!

As per Sasha's recommendation, I had Touge Tuning in the GTA do the install.
Real class guys, very meticulous and truly professional

Here's their link for any Toronto area Tesla owners: Touge Tuning - Subaru and Forced Induction Performance Shop

I really love what Sasha & James are creating at Mountain Pass Performance.
Next year, I want to upgrade to the MPP big brake kit!
Let’s see some pics and did you leave it at MPP’s recommended height?

Has anyone gotten an update on the comfort coils for AWD and an estimated ETA?

I emailed them 2 weeks ago and at that time only a dozen sets were shipped out. I’m in line to get mine in another 2 shipments apparently and they’re not 100% sure when KW is sending them out (I placed my order in Feb). I just emailed them last night if switching to the sport coilovers would get me a set sooner and I’m still waiting for a reply. I guess things are out of MPP control and owning a Tesla there seems to be a wait for everything from ordering a car, service/repairs, and now aftermarket parts.

Hows it going everyone! I received my MPP Comforts for my AWD non-P this past week and am installing this weekend. For those who have them, were they supposed to come with documentation? All i got was a sticker and a postcard. It's not a big deal since it should be a pretty straightforward install. What i do need is the initial measurements. I cant seem to find it on MPP's site. Can anyone share theirs with me?

thanks in advance.

Hows it going everyone! I received my MPP Comforts for my AWD non-P this past week and am installing this weekend. For those who have them, were they supposed to come with documentation? All i got was a sticker and a postcard. It's not a big deal since it should be a pretty straightforward install. What i do need is the initial measurements. I cant seem to find it on MPP's site. Can anyone share theirs with me?

thanks in advance.

@MountainPass this is your customer service communication channel. Please report on delivery of the comfort coilovers. Mine are for the performance model. Also please reply to the customer who got zero instructions with his parts. Thanks.

Their customer service communication channel is their email, not a public forum.

Instructions are easily found on their website:
MPP Coilover Installation Instructions

Ok, thanks for the reply FlyNavy01. I guess i was unclear. I don't really need install instructions since its a simple coilover install. The website doesn't list initial settings for the Comfort AWD set, only AWD Sport. (unless i missed it) I was seeing if anyone here could share their ride height/perch measurements, either initial, or a setting that they were happier with.

Thanks.

thanks in advance.

When did you place your pre order?

Yah, received the KW drop shipped box a week ago and the forks from Canada this past Friday. No paper instructions. I Pre-ordered my set mid December 2018.

I started the install last night and only got through the rears. I just used settings from the RWD Comfort Rears since its probably the exact same shock as the AWD set.

Im going to start on the fronts in a bit and just set them at the same height as what is posted for the AWD Sports. Hopefully the 2 reference points are the same and i have a decent starting point. At least its not as hard as the rears to adjust height.

Yah, received the KW drop shipped box a week ago and the forks from Canada this past Friday. No paper instructions. I Pre-ordered my set mid December 2018.

I started the install last night and only got through the rears. I just used settings from the RWD Comfort Rears since its probably the exact same shock as the AWD set.

Im going to start on the fronts in a bit and just set them at the same height as what is posted for the AWD Sports. Hopefully the 2 reference points are the same and i have a decent starting point. At least its not as hard as the rears to adjust height.

I have an installation write up for Sports version here, it will be good reference for the comfort version since much of it is the same. Good luck.

MPP AWD/Performance Coilover Impression and Installation

• Informative
Reactions: is2scooby
My car was on the lift, the rears were done, fronts were out and on the spring compressor when the tech asked, "where are the forks?"
I didn't know the forks shipped separately. Turns out they had just arrived at my house, had my wife Uber the package to us.

Thanks to AutoTalent for rolling with the punches

My car was on the lift, the rears were done, fronts were out and on the spring compressor when the tech asked, "where are the forks?"
I didn't know the forks shipped separately. Turns out they had just arrived at my house, had my wife Uber the package to us.

Thanks to AutoTalent for rolling with the punches

The email you received which told you how to complete your pre-order explicitly states that the forks will ship from us in Canada.

If anyone has customer support questions, please email us! We try to be on the forums as often as possible, but it is far more reliable to shoot us an email.

The kits are shipping chronologically, so if you pre-ordered a Comfort AWD kit after Jan 4th we have not shipped your kit yet. KW is shipping them from Germany in small batches, so we only email those who's kits have arrived with instructions on how to complete the pre-order. Since the pre-order ended a while ago, the kits have been available on backorder. If you ordered at full price while on backorder, you will not receive your kit until all the pre-orders have been fulfilled.

I know it sucks to wait until the pre-order customers get their kits, but imagine if you pre-ordered months ago and someone got theirs before you! Keeping the integrity of our pre-order configuration is #1.

We've also updated the website with instructions for those of you that are doing the setup for comfort AWD coil overs. Enjoy them and again, please email us if you need anything!

Last edited: