Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coilover reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you saying you weren't able to keep the stock ride height with the non-adjustable comfort coilovers?

Their website says: "Height adjustable from factory ride height down to 30mm below stock."

I just want better quality shocks so I no longer have the motion of the car throwing me up and forward out of my seat at freeway speeds that Tesla carefully programmed into their suspension. I believe this is why you see some threads with the driver's headrest being damaged because they keep their head against it during these wild suspension gyrations.

Any feedback on how the non-adjustables help with that suspension flaw? I don't want to track the car, and I also don't want to pay another 50% more for already very expensive shocks if I don't need the adjustability. I just want to get to more of a European premium, but sporty sedan ride.

Spoke to MPP, and they clarified that the non-adjustable will lower the Non-P AWD to the P's level at its highest setting, which is what I would use. I don't want to lose ground clearance on my daily driver.

Would still be interested to hear more perspectives on the ride quality, in terms of refinement, of the non-adjustables?

Spoke to MPP, and they clarified that the non-adjustable will lower the Non-P AWD to the P's level at its highest setting, which is what I would use. I don't want to lose ground clearance on my daily driver.

Would still be interested to hear more perspectives on the ride quality, in terms of refinement, of the non-adjustables?

Have you read through this thread yet? There's plenty to read through, but several of us have posted our feedback on the non-adjustable ones. I posted my review here, though i'm not sure how thorough of a review you're looking for:

I'm planning to trade my RWD for a non-P AWD one this upcoming year, and I already know i'm going to get the comfort non-adjustable ones again for that. Unless you're planning to track it, or are particularly selective about your ride quality and are comfortable with trial and error to dial in your settings yourself, then the adjustable comforts would likely be best. For me, I want it simply for the ride improvement, which I already have the utmost trust in MPP for, and for the lowered height. So the non-adjustables are ideal for me.

That does it, I am putting an MPP sticker in that spot on my car. I see it more often and it works so well!
For track days, that's my go to spot. For ALL other days, I prefer the subtlety of this spot:
IMG_4239.jpg

Have you read through this thread yet? There's plenty to read through, but several of us have posted our feedback on the non-adjustable ones. I posted my review here, though i'm not sure how thorough of a review you're looking for:

I'm planning to trade my RWD for a non-P AWD one this upcoming year, and I already know i'm going to get the comfort non-adjustable ones again for that. Unless you're planning to track it, or are particularly selective about your ride quality and are comfortable with trial and error to dial in your settings yourself, then the adjustable comforts would likely be best. For me, I want it simply for the ride improvement, which I already have the utmost trust in MPP for, and for the lowered height. So the non-adjustables are ideal for me.

I just invested the time to read through it all. Painful because there's so much not related to ride quality, but I did get some good nuggets.

Definitely would be interested to hear more perspectives on ride quality, especially from those that kept the car as close to stock ride as possible, and on an AWD.

• Helpful
Reactions: P-Lo801
I've had the Adjustable Comforts and Camber Kit in my MPP shopping cart for months. But I never pulled the trigger on them. So my wife decided to surprise me and ordered them for our 11th (steel) anniversary present last weekend. She called MPP and they gave her the two promotions that their currently offering without my wife even asking about it. Thank you, MPP for taking care of us! Now the wait begins...

I told my wife what I wanted for my birthday, MPP suspension bits to help me get the most out of my new track wheels and tires. Plus after 55k of railing around the stock stuff just really doesn't control the body all that well anymore.

We ordered the Sport coilovers, front control arm bushings, and front and rear camber plates and arms.

Reactions: SuperNuprin
Are you saying you weren't able to keep the stock ride height with the non-adjustable comfort coilovers?

Their website says: "Height adjustable from factory ride height down to 30mm below stock."

I just want better quality shocks so I no longer have the motion of the car throwing me up and forward out of my seat at freeway speeds that Tesla carefully programmed into their suspension. I believe this is why you see some threads with the driver's headrest being damaged because they keep their head against it during these wild suspension gyrations.

Any feedback on how the non-adjustables help with that suspension flaw? I don't want to track the car, and I also don't want to pay another 50% more for already very expensive shocks if I don't need the adjustability. I just want to get to more of a European premium, but sporty sedan ride.

I eventually dialed mine up to almost as high as they can go and I'm pretty sure it is about 0.5" below factory ride height. Technically there were about 4 or 5 threads left on the adjustable perches but my installer and I felt that it was best to leave a few threads just in case they moved a little bit over time.

See the thread below for photos of the car with this suspension setting. Keep in mind I have wheel spacers (20mm rear/15mm front) so that changes the visual effect a bit. This is also on brand-spanking-new tires so they are going to be a few mm thicker than worn tires.

2018 Model 3 Long Range RWD for sale – 25k miles, FSD – $47,500

I just invested the time to read through it all. Painful because there's so much not related to ride quality, but I did get some good nuggets.

Definitely would be interested to hear more perspectives on ride quality, especially from those that kept the car as close to stock ride as possible, and on an AWD.

Theoretically you might be able to use the coilovers plus the spacer kit to get a 1" over stock ride height? MPP would know.

I eventually dialed mine up to almost as high as they can go and I'm pretty sure it is about 0.5" below factory ride height. Technically there were about 4 or 5 threads left on the adjustable perches but my installer and I felt that it was best to leave a few threads just in case they moved a little bit over time.

See the thread below for photos of the car with this suspension setting. Keep in mind I have wheel spacers (20mm rear/15mm front) so that changes the visual effect a bit. This is also on brand-spanking-new tires so they are going to be a few mm thicker than worn tires.

2018 Model 3 Long Range RWD for sale – 25k miles, FSD – $47,500

Looks nice.

Being lower a 1/2 inch or less would be ok with me. I definitely don't want to go down more than that. I wouldn't have any problem going all the way up on threads. In my experience with coil overs, I have never seen them change height on their own.

Any thoughts on wheel fitment with MPP Sport lowered 1"~1.25"? With past cars (E92) 19" was enough, but the Model 3 seems to have a larger wheel well. Any one experienced or opinion on 20" and lowered? Thinking Front: 20X8.5 +35 Rear: 20X10 +40

Street use, not for track

Any thoughts on wheel fitment with MPP Sport lowered 1"~1.25"? With past cars (E92) 19" was enough, but the Model 3 seems to have a larger wheel well. Any one experienced or opinion on 20" and lowered? Thinking Front: 20X8.5 +35 Rear: 20X10 +40

Street use, not for track

on 8.5 35et is still a bit in on fitment

check out this fitment guide - Tesla Model 3 Comprehensive Wheel Fitment Guide

Well I have the adjustable comforts lowered 3/4 inch. Not exactly slammed whatsoever. As for comfort these are a home run. From day one the Model three puts a smile on your face while driving, but then when the harsh bumps or potholes are contacted the Model 3 stock dampers feel very harsh and unsteady. Some of the ownership joy leaves you. But after almost a year looking at MPPs products I finally ordered their adjustable comfort dampers, their camber arms and their toe arms around December of 2019. Mine are actually known as their Hybrid Dampers. Basically they are the MPP adjustable comforts in every way (w/comfort springs etc.) but the rear valving is tuned slightly towards even more comfort on the newer adjustable comforts sold today or should I say the ones announced as adjustable comforts back around April 2020. Either way I am so blown away how much more comfortable and stable my model 3 is now. I have mentioned this before on other posts; the comfort difference is so noticeable that I don't swerve around, anymore, what were known rough patches on my commute to work that would really unsettle the car. I believe if I had the MPPS on the car from day one I wouldn't even have known some areas of road are that bad. That's the the best way to explain it. Hope this helps. BTW: I have mine dialed in at 12C 12R now. That's the ideal well rounded settings for me.