Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coils NUMBERS ONLY THREAD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BUMP: I've now got a few hundred miles on my MPP Comfort Coilovers. DFW region is loaded with uneven concrete slabs, so eliminating the harsh "slap" is my primary concern, but now trying to calm down the front/back see/saw movement of the car:

FR: 14 compression/12 rebound
RR: 10 compression/10 rebound.

After playing around with different settings and getting 1K or so miles on the car, my perfect settings are:
front: 12 compression/12 rebound
rear: 12 compression/10 rebound

I had the rear at 12/12 and the car felt squirelly on the freeway. 10/8 was still a bit harsh. 11/9 was better, 12/10 perfect match to the coils and weight of the car. Don't forget to always go full clockwise (stiff) on the setting before going back to a new setting to reset the valves.

I have a Y LR with 19" tires, lowered 0.5" from stock.

Reactions: SpaceShipDrvr
I just spoke with Jesse at MPP. When changing numbers, there's no mechanical need to "reset the valves" by turning all the way to full stiff. If you can REMEMBER where you set it the previous time, you can simply adjust 1, 2, whatever number of clicks to change, in either direction.

He says it's probably not a bad idea to turn to full stiff when resetting, just to assure you're setting the correct number that you intend to set.

I'm still experimenting with settings. I'm currently at:
FR: 12 compression/12 rebound
RR: 10 compression/8 rebound.

When I first installed I used:
FR: 13 compression/12 rebound
RR: 11 compression/9 rebound.
This was nice and I may go back to it.

I used this setting for an autocross event and should have gone stiffer:
FR: 10 compression/10 rebound
RR: 8 compression/6 rebound.

Reactions: Paul8810
Using the (un)standard notation of front compression/front rebound & rear compression/rear rebound,

I started off at the recommended:

12/12 & 10/8
Found both front and rear to be much better than stock, but noticed the rear hits a little hard.

Then set it to:
12/12 & 12/10
I like this setup, didn't find any issues with it.

Then tried
14/12 & 14/12
Didn't notice much difference from above EXCEPT this setup makes a tiny, but noticeable noise, like a clump clump sound when running over bumps. I'm thinking it was the +2 on the compression that did this. Also noticed that the compression can't be pushed past 14 on both front & rear, and it was very hard to turn to get it to that number. Almost as if the shocks don't want you to use that setting.

Set it back down to
12/12 & 12/10
Noise went away. May keep this setting.

Would be nice to also share settings along with wheels and tires used.

Tried a few settings and settled with 11/11 front and 10/9 rear.
Also tried 19” Martian Wheels with Quatrac Pro and for some reason I like MPP coil overs with my original 21” wheels and Pzero tires.

Exelion: Interesting. I had mine set to f14/12, r10/8, and there has been a consistent "chuckling" sound from the front when driving over small washboard surfaces. I'll try tightening down to 13 or even 12 and see if the sound goes away.

- 21‘ MY PUP & 21” Staggered OE Uberturbines/Pirellis
- MPP Comfort Dual Adjustable Coilovers (KW)
- MPP Rear Adjustable Camber Arms

Settings:

Front compression: 13
Front rebound: 13

Rear compression: 11
Rear rebound: 9

Front perch offset: 60mm
Rear perch offset: 20mm

Alignment within Tesla specs for MY PUP

Last edited:
For curiosity, I recently set the shocks at:

12/14 & 12/14, the rebound is 14, compression 12 to see what it feels like.
First few days driving, VERY floaty. An accurate description would be if I took the car and placed it on top of another car and drove it like that. Disconnected. I’ll try this for a few more days…..

MYP with 21 staggered wheels.. using 12/12 front and 10/9 rear... Got about 1k on the coils now. Don't like these settings much for the roads I drive. Softer on certain roads, hard on slabs. I can't tell if its the settings or the shitty 21s. Prob go softer in the rear in a few weeks and put on winters and see how that changes.

- 21‘ MY PUP & 21” Staggered OE Uberturbines/Pirellis
- MPP Comfort Dual Adjustable Coilovers (KW)
- MPP Rear Adjustable Camber Arms

Settings:

Front compression: 13
Front rebound: 13

Rear compression: 11
Rear rebound: 9

Front perch offset: 60mm
Rear perch offset: 20mm

Alignment within Tesla specs for MY PUP
Stock height, or lower? I have the same model and wheels, looking for lower than stock without compromising ride comfort.

I'm getting my coilovers installed in a couple weeks. Considering front 13/12 (or 12/12) and rear 12/10 settings. However, I have a MY LR with 19" Apollo wheels and Vredestein Quatrac Pro tires, not a performance with low profile tires. Some of the "softer" compression and rebound settings noted here seem to be linked with people with performance models. Anyone have any experience with 19" tires that found similar settings too soft for their liking? I don't mind a firm drive but want to err on the side of more comfort for my wife and baby. Thanks for any help!

Sudsington: I wouldn't make any assumptions about setting based on anyone else's experience. Regional road surface differences cause a wide range of opinions re: suspension settings.

That said, driving in the DFW region with uneven concrete slabs, I've arrived at the following settings for the past month:

F: 14/9
R:15/14
OEM Apollo, 19" ContiProContact, 42psi.

• Informative
Reactions: ZB44 and Sudsington
Anyone running more than 14 clicks from full stiff for rebound (front or rear)? MPP recommends max comfort settings of 14 clicks from full stiff all around, but I'm wondering if that means you can safely set it "softer" for rebound, since there seem to be ~20 clicks from full stiff for front and back rebound. Trying to manage settings for the rough roads in and around Chicago.

Anyone running more than 14 clicks from full stiff for rebound (front or rear)? MPP recommends max comfort settings of 14 clicks from full stiff all around, but I'm wondering if that means you can safely set it "softer" for rebound, since there seem to be ~20 clicks from full stiff for front and back rebound. Trying to manage settings for the rough roads in and around Chicago.
Got some clarification from MPP in their official thread. Looks like anything past 14 clicks from full stiff (for rebound and compression) isn't opening the valve any further: MountainPass Performance Comfort Coilovers

Anyone have preferred settings on the 20" inductions? I have a kid in a car seat, and it can get quite uncomfortable at these settings on freeways.

I'm currently at set by my installer. Looking to make some adjustments after a few thousand miles on the setup. Ride height is at 742mm all around.

10C/10R front
12C/16R rear

Last edited: