Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Non-adjustable+Eibach Sway Bar resulted in Jumpy/Bouncy drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You got some sticky tires there. Perfect they will work even better and keep your battery off of the track surface with higher spring rates. Have you done any testing to see if you are sitting on your secondary springs when your battery starts to scrape? More mechanical grip is always welcome, but It's all about your particular setup, track and fine tuning.
Properly designed progressive springs help a lot (like on a KW/MPP kit), but you still want to have additional force against sway rather then rely on springs alone. I didn't use dual springs - I had stiff linear for UP and progressive from KW. Latter one worked better on the same lap.
PSX_20201107_183628.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Lindenwood
It's not about tires as much as about track. Carousel on the Ring is particularly tough spot. I'm just saying that I don't think it's a good idea to remove rear sway bar for track use - either springs won't keep it or they will be so hard that there will be a bad weight transfer with traction loss.
Oh I see, that makes it all clear now. That's a section of track that you could do with an extra bit of spring rate and thus I'd concur on that. I'm with you in general on not removing stock sways. Btw Mash, have you got videos of your runs at the Ring? I've watched a few 3's prepped for the Ring and was wondering?

It's not about tires as much as about track. Carousel on the Ring is particularly tough spot. I'm just saying that I don't think it's a good idea to remove rear sway bar for track use - either springs won't keep it or they will be so hard that there will be a bad weight transfer with traction loss.
Weight transfer will happen regardless of the roll angle and with or without the use of anti roll bars.

Running without a bar will really depend on your setup. Although at time trials and autocross I have not seen anyone removing the front bar, removing the rear bar is very common for a lot of RWD and some AWD cars.

Properly designed progressive springs help a lot (like on a KW/MPP kit), but you still want to have additional force against sway rather then rely on springs alone. I didn't use dual springs - I had stiff linear for UP and progressive from KW. Latter one worked better on the same lap.
View attachment 745849
What I meant by secondary spring is actually what people call bump stops. They are no longer bump stops on most modern vehicles since the suspension engineers made them progressive and use them as secondary springs, that way the main spring can be a lower rate for a better ride.

Oh I see, that makes it all clear now. That's a section of track that you could do with an extra bit of spring rate and thus I'd concur on that. I'm with you in general on not removing stock sways. Btw Mash, have you got videos of your runs at the Ring? I've watched a few 3's prepped for the Ring and was wondering?
I plan to make a post about that story closer to the end of my ban period for the Ring that was applied for the whole 2021.

What I meant by secondary spring is actually what people call bump stops. They are no longer bump stops on most modern vehicles since the suspension engineers made them progressive and use them as secondary springs, that way the main spring can be a lower rate for a better ride.
I see. I'm sure that bump stop is quite compressed at that point as well as tire itself.

FWIW - I've been on MPP Comfort non-adjustable coilers since the beginning of 2020. I just installed my Eibach sway bars this past Saturday. While I did notice a bit less of independence between the left and right, I didn't think it was significant. I even asked my wife, if she thought the car was more "rough" on a 30 mile drive to my parents house, which she would be the first to notice, but she said it felt the same. I used the center hole on the front bar, and the "stiffer" hole on the back. This resulted in less understeer, and more neutral go kart feel. I am happy with how the car handles now. Ride is definitely subjective though.
Planning on getting the same setup you have over my m3lr comes in a month or 2. Ill b rocking the 18" wheels and im looking for that neutral go kart feel. Have you changed your setup since you posted this?