Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP compression rod and control arm bearings.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it still the general consensus that for spirited daily driving the rod inserts are still the way to go? I want to improve initial turn in on my setup and think this is the ticket. Squishy turn in could very well be attributable to the PS4S’ softer sidewall or the Flex Z’s softer spring rate.

Thoughts from the group? Open to suggestions and ideas. I run the PS4S’ at 36 PSI currently.
For better initial turn in you want the FLCA bearings. The most noticeable impact of the inserts in stability under heavy braking.

• Helpful
Reactions: canasion35
anyone have experience with the whiteline bushings? looking to replace my torn oem bushings after 25k miles.
I have those for the purpose of adding caster. They are fine, but on a stock car I'm not sure they are worth it. They will introduce extra wear on ball joints in the same arm, which are not serviceable. One those start knocking, you'll need a new arm. Torn OEM bushings are likely still working okay for street applications. Or replace with OEM-like replacements.

Reactions: Lindenwood
I have those for the purpose of adding caster. They are fine, but on a stock car I'm not sure they are worth it. They will introduce extra wear on ball joints in the same arm, which are not serviceable. One those start knocking, you'll need a new arm. Torn OEM bushings are likely still working okay for street applications. Or replace with OEM-like replacements.
Darn I already ordered them, how long did they last before wearing out the joint?

Hardrace looks like good parts alternatives too, like the cheaper adjustable FUCAs...

I experienced this, and ended up replacing my LCAs and Compression Rods after 25k miles. I still like the road feel with the spherical bearings, though, so it will just become an annual wear item. Hopefully I don’t booger up pressing them!

• Helpful
Reactions: tm1v2
I went from oe to oe with inserts to hardrace. I would say hardrace is firmer than oe with inserts. Of course that is just my opinion but I would suspect they would be more durable than oe.
1000018013.jpg