Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Lift Kit Install On Model Y PUP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed the Mountain Pass Performance 1.75" lift kit on my Model Y PUP. I'm going to add install instructions here as well as test numbers and driving impressions. If you look closely at the "AFTER" picture, you'll see that there is a shadow on top of the tires that makes the gap look bigger than it is. I'll try and get some better pictures later.

For starters, I did a test run for range. Bear in mind I still need to have the car aligned. Also, conditions were not identical compared to my before run. I ran a before run under pretty strict conditions. It's a 10.8 mile loop, so light wind should even out. It's up the freeway a few miles, take an exit and come back. 65 mph, no traffic, 65 degrees. Headlights and HVAC off. I get to speed and re-hack the trip odometer at a specific spot. Anyways, the original before test resulted in 271 Wh/mi. The test I just ran there was some traffic and I got slowed to 60 mph a few times. Temp was 90 degrees, so I had the AC on. On this test post-lift I got 267 Wh/mi. I'll run another test after the car is aligned early in the morning so I can duplicate the original test conditions.

BEFORE:
20200705_174222.jpg

AFTER:
20200721_154910.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a better pic. I'll be starting a new thread so I can get install instructions and range analysis at the top. I had no idea you couldn't edit your posts!View attachment 568224 View attachment 568225
Looks great! I'm looking forward to the install instructions and driving dynamics assessment. I'm thinking about installing this in combination with the comfort coilovers from @UnpluggedP

I just installed the Mountain Pass Performance 1.75" lift kit on my Model Y PUP. I'm going to add install instructions here as well as test numbers and driving impressions. If you look closely at the "AFTER" picture, you'll see that there is a shadow on top of the tires that makes the gap look bigger than it is. I'll try and get some better pictures later.

For starters, I did a test run for range. Bear in mind I still need to have the car aligned. Also, conditions were not identical compared to my before run. I ran a before run under pretty strict conditions. It's a 10.8 mile loop, so light wind should even out. It's up the freeway a few miles, take an exit and come back. 65 mph, no traffic, 65 degrees. Headlights and HVAC off. I get to speed and re-hack the trip odometer at a specific spot. Anyways, the original before test resulted in 271 Wh/mi. The test I just ran there was some traffic and I got slowed to 60 mph a few times. Temp was 90 degrees, so I had the AC on. On this test post-lift I got 267 Wh/mi. I'll run another test after the car is aligned early in the morning so I can duplicate the original test conditions.

BEFORE:
View attachment 567308

AFTER:
View attachment 567309
Thanks for sharing the before and after! Very noticeable! Were you able to get it aligned and curious to see what the after number left are with the lift kit. Thanks 🙏🏼

Thanks for sharing the before and after! Very noticeable! Were you able to get it aligned and curious to see what the after number left are with the lift kit. Thanks 🙏🏼
I took it to Tesla to get it aligned after, and all specs ended up right in the middle of the ranges. Tesla did a great job, but they also were thorough in documenting the modification so as to be able to deny warranty coverage for anything related to the lift. If I were to do it over again, I'd have someone else align it. that way if I decided to revert to stock my warranty would be intact. Not a big deal as I seriously doubt I'd ever revert to stock.

If you look at the thread linked in my last post, there's a lot of discussion on experience and efficiency after installing the lift.

I installed MPP lift kit with Camber arm and my alignment does not look right. Shop mentioned they tried rotating tires and all alignment signals are green but when i drive it on the road it tries to go to the right if i leave my hand off steering. They couldnt figure out why...anyone has seen this issue or any suggestion ?