TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Mr Fixit HPWC Installer Feedback?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Calisun, May 24, 2013.

1. Calisun

Calisun Member

Hi,
    Solar City passed of fmy install to Mr Fixit since I am in a townhouse in the SF Bay area and they won't do those. Does anyone have experience with them? They seem like a very small outfit with no webpage or yelp listing.

Thanks!

2. RNG

RNG Member

No, but after getting a $5,000.00 quote from Solar City, I hired my own electrician and got a fantastic job done for under $2,000.00. Had to put in a sub panel by the old breaker box, run 70 feet of 100 amp lines, a junction on/off box connection in the garage, and install the HPWC. Find your own independent electrician and give him the specs from Tesla.

RNG

3. Calisun

Calisun Member

Thank, I'm definitly going to do that. It looks like Solar City passed it to Mr Electric who then passsed it to MrFixit. A quick search on yelp found a 5 star electrician right near me that has reviews about HPWC installs.