Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mr Musk apparently looking into the customer service in UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered at the beginning of July and havent heard anything! I was told originally it would be September but i assume it wont be now going off the posts on this thread. I treid ringing Birmingham but stayed on the line for an hour but nobody picked up! Tesla really need to sort out thier customer service.

• Informative
Reactions: Petrocelli
There have been a lot of reports that UK CS has suddenly got a lot more repsonsive. I've had an almost instant email reply today from delivery team in West Drayton too, so hopefully the trend will continue!

Tesla UK has to have the worse customer service and delivery experience of Tesla worldwide.

I am on my 6th final Invoice (See screenshot). Not entirely sure about all the changes.

I have had a confirmed delivery/collection appointment for tomorrow Thursday 12th September for over a week now.

I received an email today saying my car has not arrived yet due to logistic issues.

"Just to let you know, your Model 3 has not yet arrived with us. We are still waiting on a transporter so I have chased logistics to get an ETA on when to expect it to arrive....It looks like the car is still currently at the compound waiting on a transporter to collect it and bring it to Birmingham...I appreciate your patience, I am doing everything I can to get the right information for you."

They have not cancelled my appointment tomorrow yet but it feels like they are winging up to do so.

I paid £1000 for an advanced reservation in April 2016
I paid £2000 deposit for my order on 7th May 2019
I paid £8000 deposit for the PCP finance to enable me to collect
I have sold my current car and need to relinquish it this Friday (which hasn't been a straightforward process)
I have booked and paid for my train to Birmingham
I have taken the day off work
I am away next week on business
I am now in limbo

I am going to Birmingham tomorrow morning anyway, nothing better to do now. Certainly not going to mope around at home wondering what's going on.

Needless to say, I am even less impressed with this whole experience than I was already. Another friend of mine cancelled their order when I told them what was happening with mine. They were already exasperated. I don't care what anyone says about how good the product is, Tesla needs to sort this s*** out here in the UK. It is damaging their business and is totally unnecessary.

Screenshot 2019-09-11 23.08.56.png

Last edited:
@RjbT3 i hope my delivery is a little smoother than that as changing my order was bad enough. I asked to change from SR+ to LR and the interior colour was incorrect. I asked them to fix it and change it to a P+ while they were at it and the interior colour was incorrect again. When they finally fixed the interior colour I checked the source code and they hadn’t updated the finance so had to ask them to update that which I had already asked when I changed to P+

I called the Tesla call centre this morning (01628 450604). Waited about 5 mins. By some quirk of fate, I ended up speaking with the guy who took me for a test drive at Solihull. He told me this:

- He's been moved to help out with the delivery team due to demand
- I'm still awaiting vehicle matching, but he thinks that'll happen on one of the two shipments heading our way later this month (I've got my pinch of salt right here at my desk!)

My guess is that Tesla are throwing everyone they can onto Model 3 delivery at the moment to try to stem the chaos. He's personally a nice guy and is extremely customer-focused, but he's just one wheel in the machine!

Reactions: adsheff
I ordered my Model 3 Performance in July but have heard nothing since then (it said September delivery on the original order screen).
Emailed DeliveryGB yesterday asking if there was any update on delivery dates etc and within a few hours i had an email back with my final invoice to pay, including a VIN number and a delivery date of October 8th! Not quite september, but ok..

Just in case anyone else is waiting with no info, try emailing DeliveryGB!

Rich

Tesla UK has to have the worse customer service and delivery experience of Tesla worldwide.

I am on my 6th final Invoice (See screenshot). Not entirely sure about all the changes.

I have had a confirmed delivery/collection appointment for tomorrow Thursday 12th September for over a week now.

I received an email today saying my car has not arrived yet due to logistic issues.

"Just to let you know, your Model 3 has not yet arrived with us. We are still waiting on a transporter so I have chased logistics to get an ETA on when to expect it to arrive....It looks like the car is still currently at the compound waiting on a transporter to collect it and bring it to Birmingham...I appreciate your patience, I am doing everything I can to get the right information for you."

They have not cancelled my appointment tomorrow yet but it feels like they are winging up to do so.

I paid £1000 for an advanced reservation in April 2016
I paid £2000 deposit for my order on 7th May 2019
I paid £8000 deposit for the PCP finance to enable me to collect
I have sold my current car and need to relinquish it this Friday (which hasn't been a straightforward process)
I have booked and paid for my train to Birmingham
I have taken the day off work
I am away next week on business
I am now in limbo

I am going to Birmingham tomorrow morning anyway, nothing better to do now. Certainly not going to mope around at home wondering what's going on.

Needless to say, I am even less impressed with this whole experience than I was already. Another friend of mine cancelled their order when I told them what was happening with mine. They were already exasperated. I don't care what anyone says about how good the product is, Tesla needs to sort this s*** out here in the UK. It is damaging their business and is totally unnecessary.

View attachment 453512
Best of luck.Hope it goes perfectly well.

I heard Tesla are finding your spreadsheet really useful & don't want you heading home too early ;)

In seriousness, thanks again for the work, it has been something to cling onto.

As ridiculous as it sounds, a weight has been lifted of my shoulders, I feel like one of the Yorkshiremen now Apologies to Monty Python: Four Yorkshiremen with M3s

@RjbT3 it will be alright eventually - chin up fella, good luck :)

• Love
Reactions: Roy W. and RjbT3
I ordered my Model 3 Performance in July but have heard nothing since then (it said September delivery on the original order screen).
Emailed DeliveryGB yesterday asking if there was any update on delivery dates etc and within a few hours i had an email back with my final invoice to pay, including a VIN number and a delivery date of October 8th! Not quite september, but ok..

Just in case anyone else is waiting with no info, try emailing DeliveryGB!

Rich
So I had the same experience on Monday, but today, I have a credit note and no VIN :mad:. Phoned them and they said don't worry you should still get it in the next 4 weeks, It is a lottery. Also EST have my invoice and say they will release the funds so I could be in a position of paying for the loan with no car.

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
Thanks, everybody for the messages of support. It made a big difference during an incredibly frustrating day whilst on a train back home. Still no car and they claim they don't know when it will show up. All the guy on the front desk wanted to do when I arrived was argue and quote their ordering process T&Cs at me. He tried to tell me my confirmed delivery appointment was only an estimate and blabbed on about not providing alternative mobility, that I should have read my emails properly etc. etc.

After a bit of a rant helped by 20+ years logistics and shipping experience, he finally stopped trying to BS me about their logistics partner.

I was offered 2 options.
1. Stay and complete finance for home delivery at an as-yet-unspecified date.
2. Return to Birmingham at an unspecified date once the car is on-site.
Neither is good enough.

I made myself a coffee and settled down to wait until they could tell me precisely where the car is. I explained how I would go about locating a missing shipment. I think he hated my full Meldrew but capitulated and at least appeared to go and find something out.

I went through and finalised all the paperwork while I waited with a very pleasant guy who seemed genuinely apologetic and calmed me down.

They finally assured me the car was on the vessel from Zeebrugge to a port near Hull, cant remember the name. Not a port I'm familiar with anyway. They said it would be there tomorrow or Saturday but wouldn't commit. How can their logistics be so bad, it beggars belief?

They promised to update me later today by phone or email. Of course, they didn't. So they've taken all my money and can't even tell me where the car is or when it will arrive. I don't know about anyone else, but IMO this is woeful customer service on a grand scale. You just can't trust a word they say because they just don't have the procedures, systems, staff experienced in how to handle situations that go wrong. They don't even want to take accountability for their own cock-ups.