Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MR White Interior Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahhh! Ok. I can see that. I do believe their was some old tweets and info saying that tesla was having a little trouble producing the white interior, however, when they lowered the price from 1500 to 1000, I would think they resolved those issues. If there is still some issues, I guess it makes sense to guarantee higher margins tho.

So why continue to take white interior orders for MR Model 3s and promise to deliver in December?

oh. Yeah, I'm dismissing that is either bad input by the user or a one-off since there have been zero other ones scheduled.

Not a mistake, he ( @Pbbjr ) is a poster here and confirmed his order specs in multiple posts, but unfortunately looks like his car isn't ready for him to take scheduled delivery tomorrow, and could be up to 2 weeks from now:

Mid Range waiting room

Submit Final Payment

THAT exact scenario is why I'm so anxious about white interiors being pushed to the end of December seemingly arbitrarily. If they were batching some of both color interiors, (maybe alternating weeks to remain efficient) and it happens, so be it, but if their notorious delivery snafus bump MR orders, it's going to be overwhelmingly those of us who opted for a higher margin version. That makes no sense, no matter what the apologists who are not in our situation say on this forum.

Last edited:
If Tesla can’t deliver by year end to the people who ordered in time, I would be ok if they just lowered the price of the car by $3750.

Agree. If it happens, I will insist on exactly this, since I ordered 6 week prior to their cut-off date of Nov. 30.
However, that still means we'll be out the other $3750 for another year instead of just a couple of months.

There was some good deals for black Friday and Cyber Monday (Sonos and Arlo). Now I am having regrets because I could have put that into a bigger down payment but as I was out, I stopped by a ICE dealership. Not going to lie, I was tempted to buy. Dealer offered me a 12 year 120000 mile bumper to bumper warranty on a GMC Canyon. The wait is starting to get to me and is testing my patience

There was some good deals for black Friday and Cyber Monday (Sonos and Arlo). Now I am having regrets because I could have put that into a bigger down payment but as I was out, I stopped by a ICE dealership. Not going to lie, I was tempted to buy. Dealer offered me a 12 year 120000 mile bumper to bumper warranty on a GMC Canyon. The wait is starting to get to me and is testing my patience
Weak sauce, ja ja.

It’s not even December yet. Can’t get too upset just yet. I am at week 6. I was told 6-10 weeks when I ordered. Tesla is still in the window they promised.

It’s not even December yet. Can’t get too upset just yet. I am at week 6. I was told 6-10 weeks when I ordered. Tesla is still in the window they promised.
I sort-of agree. The 6-10 weeks was partly based on the delay to get it from CA to East Coast. IE, if you were in CA, the 6 weeks was more of the expected time. And 8 for Mid-west and 10 for East Coast.

So, if you are on the west coast, and do not have a car(or at least a scheduled delivery date), I would consider those now late(ish).

Also, they are now promising a 31 day or less turn-around for people that order by today 11/30. So, if this group of people can get a car in 31 days, why are the cars that were ordered 42 days ago still not even scheduled?

Some of the time improvement is because of the "trucking secured" comments.

But, still does not explain why the white interiors have not bee made. I'm hopeful that happens next week once they get a final production count of what they need for the end of the year.

Reactions: gecko10x