TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

MREA 2014, Leilani Munter in Custer, Wisconsin Sunday June 22 1PM

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Calvin.K, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Calvin.K

Calvin.K Member

#1 Calvin.K, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    MREA 2014, Leilani Munter in Custer, Wisconsin

Keynotes | The Midwest Renewable Energy Association
    Leilani Münter is a biology graduate who eventually became the unusual combination of a race car driver and environmental activist. Since 2006, Leilani has been using her unique voice in the racing world to fight for environmental issues.
    In 2007, she became the first carbon neutral race car driver when she made the commitment to adopt an acre of rainforest for every race she runs to offset the carbon footprint of her race car.
    Leilani became the first Ambassador of the National Wildlife Federation in 2008, and made several trips to Capitol Hill to speak with members of Congress on behalf of clean energy legislation alongside climate change scientists. She has spoken on the steps of Capitol Hill alongside Senators Barbara Boxer and John Kerry. After meeting with her, Senator Elizabeth Dole called Leilani "a woman on a mission."
    In 2010, Leilani was one of the first activists to visit the BP oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, eventually making two trips to areas of Louisiana devastated by the oil spill and appearing on a live interview with MSNBC.
    With years of dedication to environmental issues, she has become a recognized leader in the environmental community. Discovery's Planet Green named her the #1 eco athlete in the world, GlamourMagazine called her "An Eco Hero," ELLE Magazine awarded her their Genius Award, and Sports Illustrated named her one of the top ten female race car drivers in the world.

2. Calvin.K

Calvin.K Member

#2 Calvin.K, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    DSC00259.jpg

3. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

Had to cancel my trip their this weekend :( After working out the details, my 60kW pack just would not have done the round trip without a good number of hours sitting at the Nissan Dealer charging :(

She is supposed to be in Milwaukee this week. So I will try for then.

4. Calvin.K

Calvin.K Member

#4 Calvin.K, Jun 23, 2014
    Could have charged there on a Tesla HPWC
    . DSC00252.jpg DSC00250.jpg

5. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

WHAT!!!! I called and asked, was told just 120v outlets! @_@ ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

6. Calvin.K

Calvin.K Member

#6 Calvin.K, Jun 23, 2014
    They had more than that there was two level 2 chargers only 3.3kw and a solar powered 30amp Clipper-Creek that we used