Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS 100D battery drain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suddenly experiencing battery drain in my 3 1/2 YO MS. Sitting in my garage (Home), no sentry, no temp change, car idles and sleeps normally, and losing a few percent every day wether I drive it or not. I noticed over the last month that when I charge (home or supercharger) I was losing a percent when I unplug. No big deal I thought, except now its losing two to three percent after I charge with no driving, no sentry, no load that I can identify. I am currently on FSD beta 10.2 and have been since well before this started.

I supercharged to 70% two nights ago and the car almost immediately lost 1% when I unplugged and another percent before I got out of the parking lot. It is now showing 58% after just one drive that normally takes no more than 7% round trip. It was at 61% last night, 59% this morning and is now showing 58% or three percent less than last night. Again - no sentry, no temp changes (it is garaged), normal idling and sleeping - just battery drain. I drive mostly the same routes and not seeing any change in efficiency.

Does this warrant a service request? I'm going to keep my eye on it a few more days.

Suddenly experiencing battery drain in my 3 1/2 YO MS. Sitting in my garage (Home), no sentry, no temp change, car idles and sleeps normally, and losing a few percent every day wether I drive it or not. I noticed over the last month that when I charge (home or supercharger) I was losing a percent when I unplug. No big deal I thought, except now its losing two to three percent after I charge with no driving, no sentry, no load that I can identify. I am currently on FSD beta 10.2 and have been since well before this started.

I supercharged to 70% two nights ago and the car almost immediately lost 1% when I unplugged and another percent before I got out of the parking lot. It is now showing 58% after just one drive that normally takes no more than 7% round trip. It was at 61% last night, 59% this morning and is now showing 58% or three percent less than last night. Again - no sentry, no temp changes (it is garaged), normal idling and sleeping - just battery drain. I drive mostly the same routes and not seeing any change in efficiency.

Does this warrant a service request? I'm going to keep my eye on it a few more days.

Did you start using any data/tracking apps recently? I tried Tessie app recently and noticed my car didn't sleep at all and I was losing same as you claim. Breaking that link let the car sleep again and I don't lose the energy anymore.

If you didn't, maybe there is something else not allowing your car to sleep? Try rebooting the mcu?

Did you start using any data/tracking apps recently? I tried Tessie app recently and noticed my car didn't sleep at all and I was losing same as you claim. Breaking that link let the car sleep again and I don't lose the energy anymore.

If you didn't, maybe there is something else not allowing your car to sleep? Try rebooting the mcu?
Just TeslaFi like always. I am gonna try rebooting and keep an ey on it.

There's a setting in Tessie that you can set so that the app will not wake the car.

After supercharging ours, the first few days ours looses more than normal but after that it is down to a mile or so a day just sitting in our climate controlled garage.

I topped it off with our home Tesla wall connector and it still loss more on the first day or two.

Could be the norm...

M

I've not had a loss in two days now sitting at 49% so I am assuming something in the BMS was calibrating, but I truly have no idea. I often lose 1% immediately after a charge whether it be L2 or L3 charging. Still reaching 150kW charge rate with 30% SOC at V3 superchargers, so it seems there is there is no real problem.

Reactions: brkaus
My 2020 did not sleep well with TeslaFi. I could look at the Tesla app when I would connect, and the app would say the last connect was x minutes ago when I connected 12 hours ago. I had to really restrict TeslaFi to force periods where it would not connect to let the car sleep.

Reactions: ResHacker
I just got back from a 10 day trip. Got to airport parking with about 60% battery left. Powered the car off from the Safety menu, and did not check it from the app the whole time i was away. Get back and it was down to 42%. Seems excessive? It's a 2015 so no sentry mode or anything like that. No data logging apps.

2015 P85D with MCU2, 2022.28.2 - I did notice with the latest update, I cannot find the menu option to tell it to remain disconnected so maybe it was still polling for updates or whatever. Anything else I can try to turn off when I'll be using it for extended periods?