TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

MS 100D price confusion at WSJ

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Tam, Jan 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Tam

Tam Active Member

For those who subscribe to WSJ, its article on MS 100D got its price corrected once and it is still in conflict with the web price.

It says:

"Corrections & Amplifications
    Tesla’s Model S 100D starts at $93,700, including fees, while the P100D costs $135,700. An earlier version of this article incorrectly stated the starting prices."

[​IMG]

If you look at the web, the starting price is $92,500 INCLUDING Destination & Documentation Fee:

[​IMG]

I figure WSJ take $92,500 INCLUDING $1,200 Destination & Documentation Fee and add another duplicated $1,200 for its latest correction for an overpriced of $93,700.

Would somebody please check whether my math of $92,500 or WSJ's math of $93,700 are correct?

Thanks!

2. bhzmark

bhzmark Supporting Member

Yr math looks right to me. Murdoch's WSJ are idiots except for Bret Stephens

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  3. Tam

Tam Active Member

Sorry! False alarm. I asked the author who wrote back to me and I did as he instructed: CLICKING the plus sign next to the $1,200 if you want to include that amount. I didn't know I am supposed to click that. Very confusing price set up!

So the article price quote is correct.

[​IMG]

• Informative x 1
  4. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

Yikes, the misleading prices continue to be a big disappointment to me. Show me what my to-my-door cost is (maybe without state sales tax) and then have "adjustments" like tax and gas savings. Talk about YMMV.

• Like x 1
  5. DHG.

DHG. Member

Okay seriously it's $92,500 why do you have to click a + its already expensive just include it.

• Like x 1
  6. Tam

Tam Active Member

I agree. The setup is very confusing to me. It lists 3 negative signs for credits/savings and one positive sign for fee.

It makes me think that all those negative and positive signs are already included in the prices.

7. John Stuckey

John Stuckey Member

WSJ to be taken with a critical eye for truth; mimics FAUX News, another in the family.

• Like x 1
  8. whitex

whitex Active Member

So the headline of this thread "MS 100D price confusion at WSJ ", should really read "MS 100D price confusion by some forum members". ;)

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  9. Tam

Tam Active Member

Would somebody please help me to figure out how Fortune can quote a quite higher price $98,300. May be because it is based on Autoblog instead of Tesla?

[​IMG]

10. Burnt Toast

Burnt Toast Member

This is an enourmous mistake, I think we should probably call the cops.

11. Tam

Tam Active Member

I don't know how grandpa is going to figure out what a base price is if the more the Fortune's reporter work on it a more different base price appears:

[​IMG]

I finally figured it out:

$92,500 Base +1,000 Paint + 1,500 Glass Roof + 3,300 Interior Color = Fortune's quote of $ $98,300.