Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS 2022 refresh MSM, cream for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I am thinking of selling my MS 2022 as I am working mostly from home and we also have a second car. I am not sure if there is a classified section and I generally would need advice of how much I should ask for. Any help or interest is appreciated.

Model S 2022 (refresh refresh)
Build March 2022
Midnight Silver Metallic
21" Arachnid
Cream interior
~9,500 miles
No gaps, rattling issues or hanging door

Share pictures, and for price see where the market is right now: New 2023 Model S - Less than 50 Miles - $81500

At best you will be looking at mid to high 60s for non-fsd, and low 70s w/FSD with the mileage you have, and given it is probably lacking the screen tilt, and possibly have the older headlight, tailight and trunk design that was changed sometime in April 2022.

GLWS
Geez...why you have to be so Blunt?:rolleyes:

Geez...why you have to be so Blunt?:rolleyes:
He asked for help, [ "I generally would need advice of how much I should ask for. Any help or interest is appreciated." ]

So giving him factual guidance if he is looking to make a sale otherwise we have seen listings that are around for months and keep reacting to tesla price drops or changes in design/functionality etc. as an after fact exercise instead of pricing it right first time to make the sale, too little too late.

Right? Show me a refresh S in 60s.
I think at this time it is not likely to find a refresh S in the 60s from a private party. That being said, you will see them pop up at auctions for mid 60s and up. Also there have been some private party/dealer listings sold recently in the very low 70s that I have seen. With HW4 coming out, Tesla clearing their model S inventory with “demo” (new) vehicles in low to mid 80s, and the interest rates, it is difficult but possible to find a refresh S in higher 60s. In the coming months it is likely many will be at that price range. Just my thought on all this.

$77,120 new from Tesla
Screenshot_20230223_144804_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: KCapital and Npate2
I think at this time it is not likely to find a refresh S in the 60s from a private party. That being said, you will see them pop up at auctions for mid 60s and up. Also there have been some private party/dealer listings sold recently in the very low 70s that I have seen. With HW4 coming out, Tesla clearing their model S inventory with “demo” (new) vehicles in low to mid 80s, and the interest rates, it is difficult but possible to find a refresh S in higher 60s. In the coming months it is likely many will be at that price range. Just my thought on all this.
Yea but posting an unlikely/rare low price scenario in someone else’s for sale thread is not the way to go.

Reactions: GoldenStateEv
Yea but posting an unlikely/rare low price scenario in someone else’s for sale thread is not the way to go.
It is possible though but people would have to keep an eye out. I agree though and would recommend that OP lists his car for high 70s or low 80s. They should then see what kind of offers they are getting and adjust accordingly if they have to. That’s what I would do atleast since I think everyone should be able to get the most they can for selling their car.

Also OP was asking for pricing advice and that’s just what we are giving. Typically you will have the low priced cars (in this case high 60s/low 70s) and then the higher priced cars (around 90k) and most people should be priced right in the middle around 80k for the options described.

Thanks for all the replies. I think this is all good and helpful. I will post pictures once I am back on the weekend. It has the updated head and tail light and I think starting at low $80k is reasonable. There will be always very good deals that are gone in a second like posted above. This is a nice non-rattling car. No demo, hand washed and reasonable driven. No need to hate no need to take.

Reactions: Npate2
Thanks for all the replies. I think this is all good and helpful. I will post pictures once I am back on the weekend. It has the updated head and tail light and I think starting at low $80k is reasonable. There will be always very good deals that are gone in a second like posted above. This is a nice non-rattling car. No demo, hand washed and reasonable driven. No need to hate no need to take.

Just be on watch that a change is imminent hence Tesla dumping brand new Model S 2023 at such prices under the "demo" label. Just to give you another reference point, here is 2023 Model S Inventory | Tesla

It is build from current month (Feb'23), listed for $81,540 as NEW directly from TESLA, and hasn't moved despite being on that price for over 24 hours, that says a lot about where the market is right now. Yours being last year model (which may or may not have all the refreshes introduced in 2022), USED (impacts the loan rate 5.44% vs 6.5% or higher), if you don't price it to sell, you will miss the window of opportunity, and will join the company of many other listings on onlyusedtesla that have been sitting for months and dropping price but not keeping up with the reality or economic factors. Wish you the best for the sale.

Just be on watch that a change is imminent hence Tesla dumping brand new Model S 2023 at such prices under the "demo" label. Just to give you another reference point, here is 2023 Model S Inventory | Tesla

It is build from current month (Feb'23), listed for $81,540 as NEW directly from TESLA, and hasn't moved despite being on that price for over 24 hours, that says a lot about where the market is right now. Yours being last year model (which may or may not have all the refreshes introduced in 2022), USED (impacts the loan rate 5.44% vs 6.5% or higher), if you don't price it to sell, you will miss the window of opportunity, and will join the company of many other listings on onlyusedtesla that have been sitting for months and dropping price but not keeping up with the reality or economic factors. Wish you the best for the sale.

Again, these deals will come up and I can encourage everyone to make it. This also looks like a special deal again becuase the website tells me:

This car can only be registered in TX
Dallas-Cedar Springs Road
6500 Cedar Springs Road Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75235

So, if you are in Texas by all means buy this one and don't bother taking a pre-owned from California. These deals might also come up in Bay Area but this looks like more one off and not that generally that you can buy it at that discounted price.

Reactions: kopo