Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS 70D 2016 Facelift

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I'm negotiating a Model S facelift 2016 70D
According with Tesla ( I spoke with them this morning) this car is not upgradable.

Making some simulation with a abrb(a better route planner) with the same trip the 70D look much more slow to charge than 75D

Is this true?
Thanks in advance

If it's a facelift, software-locked 70D, it should charge just as quickly as a 75D - and you can charge to 100% knowing that you're actually only using 93% of the battery capacity. Make sure ABRP isn't thinking you have an older, pre-facelift 70D? Those had the same battery chemistry as the 85D, and will now be similarly slow to charge thanks to "chargegate".

The car is 140.000km and I'm wondering to buy or not.. How many km (or miles= did you drive without change the battery? I'm trying to understand what should be my expectation in terms of Km. Another 100.000 km and I would be happy..

There's another thread around here somewhere, where service centers are saying they can't do the 60 to 75 battery unlock anymore either. But folks have found the "part number" for the upgrade, and if you request a service appt with the part number, they are able to quote and do it. I think folks have been able to do it without even having a physical servicing visit - just an OTA config update.

Perhaps the same situation with the 70 to 75 upgrade, just finding the appropriate "part number" to quote with the service team....

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H and ucmndd
It sounds like people are running into a lot of service folks who just don't know about it, so they don't know how, and so are saying they can't do it. If you push them enough to find out, or show them how, they can do it.