Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS 90D Design Studio - Premium Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I originally placed an order for a P90D with Next Gen, I was auto upgraded to the premium seats at no charge.
I'm guessing you had black or tan? I wonder how they would handle grey.

Now that I look more, it looks like grey is still offered for non-90 configurations so they must still have some grey next generation seats around. I wouldn't mind white premium seats, especially if out was a free upgrade. :p

Well, the P90D would have had the same seats as the 70 since this change just happened overnight.

Nope, the P90DL had the perforated seats with the air cooling. The 70 had the standard seats.

I hyst couldn't get the P90DL seats adjusted to the same comfort level as the other. Although sine of it may have been that I was spending more time launching and not as worried about it. :rolleyes:

So if I can play $500 to switch from next gen to premium, then which are the reasons I should?
A) They are generally more comfy (how so?).

B) They are perforated.

C) I could pick the white which would be cooler in hot temps (I will have sun roof, but hope to condition car temp on hot days so hopefully my black seats wouldn't get too, too hot.).

D) I could pick the white and take advantage of the stain resistant coating (or are people worried they don't stay nice as long since they're white?).

E) The self raising/lowering head rest is cool.

F) _________________ (fill in ballot).

I understand the $500 change fee, but why another $500? The next gens I ordered were $2500 and the premiums are listed at $2500 also in the design studio now.

But you are required to get the Premium Upgrade Package to get the Premium Seats for $2500 and the PUP is now $500 more.

Maybe they won't charge the extra $500 and still let you get the seats. I'm curious to hear what gets reported back here from those that are trying.

Mike

Depending on when you ordered, it could be even more than the $1000 to upgrade. I placed my order in April and the prices have increased at least a couple of times since then. If I wanted to upgrade to the premium seats, I would have to move to the new "price book" and it would cost me $1500 to $1800, including the $500 change fee. I can't figure out where the $300 came from but the sunroof and performance package both increased in price since I placed my order.

Just got an answer from my DS about the premium seats, here is what she said:

"Recently, we added the Premium Seating option– please note that the only main difference is that these seats will have ventilation."

She said that I would not be able to change now as my car is set to go to production.

Just got an answer from my DS about the premium seats, here is what she said:

"Recently, we added the Premium Seating option– please note that the only main difference is that these seats will have ventilation."

She said that I would not be able to change now as my car is set to go to production.

Aren't the 90D seats in the PUP the same seats in the PUP on the P100DL?