Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have added a few more accessories that I wanted to share that I found very useful. (Didn't think I should to start a new thread)

After the first curb jumped out and hit my wheel... Decided I needed protection. These were very simple to install. Cleaning/prep is what took the longest

Wheel Bands Kit for Tesla Model S

IMG_20170721_064728-03.jpeg

I also added front/back dash cam. Blackvue 650. Completely hidden wires, self install.
PhotoGrid_1499649575760.jpg

And wrapped part of the nose
IMG_20170713_080038-01.jpeg

And upgraded trunk/trunk lighting from Abstract Ocean and the carpets.

PhotoGrid_1500646987934.jpg

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1500646987934.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1500646987934.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: darrelld
I have added a few more accessories that I wanted to share that I found very useful. (Didn't think I should to start a new thread)

After the first curb jumped out and hit my wheel... Decided I needed protection. These were very simple to install. Cleaning/prep is what took the longest

Wheel Bands Kit for Tesla Model S

View attachment 236833

I also added front/back dash cam. Blackvue 650. Completely hidden wires, self install. View attachment 236850

And wrapped part of the nose
View attachment 236851

And upgraded trunk/trunk lighting from Abstract Ocean and the carpets.

View attachment 236852

One of my first projects after delivery this week is the Blackvue Dashcam dual camera install, which guide did you use? Are you using the Blackvue cloud with the 650?

One of my first projects after delivery this week is the Blackvue Dashcam dual camera install, which guide did you use? Are you using the Blackvue cloud with the 650?

I used @DÆrik 's as a wiring guide for the MIC grill 12v and the rest I played by sight. i had planned on running it like Erik did in the video for most of it, but I found the rubber gaskets and along the lines of the b-pillars worked tremendously. The only place you see a wire is when I jumped from back pillar to the rear window. You can't see it unless you open the hatch, still barely noticeable taped down, and it was fine for me to leave it that way vs all the fishing around.

I did get the one with the cloud. Its a neat option, but the videos take way too long (minutes of buffering each) to load that I rarely use it.

I can take a picture and drawing the wiring locations in a color for easily guide. Its a super clean install.

I used @DÆrik 's as a wiring guide for the MIC grill 12v and the rest I played by sight. i had planned on running it like Erik did in the video for most of it, but I found the rubber gaskets and along the lines of the b-pillars worked tremendously. The only place you see a wire is when I jumped from back pillar to the rear window. You can't see it unless you open the hatch, still barely noticeable taped down, and it was fine for me to leave it that way vs all the fishing around.

I did get the one with the cloud. Its a neat option, but the videos take way too long (minutes of buffering each) to load that I rarely use it.

I can take a picture and drawing the wiring locations in a color for easily guide. Its a super clean install.

A picture with wiring locations would be great. My CPO does not have the pano roof option and I have seen references to pushing the coax cable straight across. No one has posted any info about how to do only that it should be easy?

A picture with wiring locations would be great. My CPO does not have the pano roof option and I have seen references to pushing the coax cable straight across. No one has posted any info about how to do only that it should be easy?

I'll make a quick "how to" video of how I routed mine, which can be used on any roof since it doesn't utilize the roof at all. I didnt take anything apart but snap the mic grill down and it has clips for that. The difference may be if you don't tie at the Bluetooth mic grille you would just continue to follow the same path you took from the back, down and then jump to your preferred power source. I'll make a note of what you would do in that situation in case you find yours doesn't have a continuous 12v in the grille.

It was my first time ever doing something like this in a vehicle, and since there was no major taking apart parts or hot wiring, it made me feel even better about the install. It was easy, but I agree, not having a video or a picture guide it can be intimidating.

I'll make a quick "how to" video of how I routed mine, which can be used on any roof since it doesn't utilize the roof at all. I didnt take anything apart but snap the mic grill down and it has clips for that. The difference may be if you don't tie at the Bluetooth mic grille you would just continue to follow the same path you took from the back, down and then jump to your preferred power source. I'll make a note of what you would do in that situation in case you find yours doesn't have a continuous 12v in the grille.

It was my first time ever doing something like this in a vehicle, and since there was no major taking apart parts or hot wiring, it made me feel even better about the install. It was easy, but I agree, not having a video or a picture guide it can be intimidating.

I just don't want to pull the wrong part loose and spend some time back in the shop fixing the headliner or something.

The Blackvue over the cloud option is great for monitoring events around your car when you can't be present. If you connect it to an always on device like this ZTE Mobley - Car Wi-Fi Hotspot Device - AT&T you get real time push notifications from the cloud.

The Blackvue over the cloud option is great for monitoring events around your car when you can't be present. If you connect it to an always on device like this ZTE Mobley - Car Wi-Fi Hotspot Device - AT&T you get real time push notifications from the cloud.
You only get a certain amount of minutes of free time, and its very slow, even on direct connect WiFi in the car. Great option, the buffering is a pain though so I rarely use it.

Here's a quick "how to" slideshow of what I did. If you need more details or better quality pictures or another angle, let me know. I can do a good quality video too. Wanted to give you an idea for now.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tLVDg6lstn3Qjn3l2
I am unable to view the photos after logging in to google and I do not have the extra wire in the mic grill. I will run a wire to the 12v outlet in the center console instead.

I am unable to view the photos after logging in to google and I do not have the extra wire in the mic grill. I will run a wire to the 12v outlet in the center console instead.

Do you want to PM me your email? I'll send it direct. I can help with the alternative wiring. You will want to do the OBDII option for 24/7. Center console isn't continuous power so you loose parking mode options

This is a guide on the OBDII but you can use my method to not take anything apart and you can just run it down the door to the connector

Tesla Model S BlackVue HD Dashcam Installation Guide

Do you want to PM me your email? I'll send it direct. I can help with the alternative wiring. You will want to do the OBDII option for 24/7. Center console isn't continuous power so you loose parking mode options

This is a guide on the OBDII but you can use my method to not take anything apart and you can just run it down the door to the connector

Tesla Model S BlackVue HD Dashcam Installation Guide
Unfortunately the ODBII connector is in use for my ATT Mobiley hotspot. Right now I am simply using the 12v lighter outlet in the console.