TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

MS Door Handle Light add-ons

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Yarder, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Yarder

Yarder Member

My 2015 Model S is in the shop for some repairs. The repair guys have to dismantle the door to do some body work. So, since they will be all inside of the door, I was thinking of adding on the door handle lights that I saw on another Model S, probably a couple of years before I got mine.

Does anyone know if the door is prewired to the door handle light and would it work?

And if anyone has the premium lighting package, is the door handle light (not to puddle light at the bottom of the door) worth the bother?

2. AMPUP

AMPUP Member

They are pre-wired, you just need to purchase the parts.

2 X LED ASSEMBLY, DOOR HANDLE OUTER 1 LEFT (1008995-00-D)
    2 X LED ASSEMBLY, DOOR HANDLE OUTER 1 RIGHT (1007748-00-E)

• Informative x 2
  3. BigTonyTones

BigTonyTones Member

I actually purchased the LED lights when I was at the service center. The 2015 loaner car they gave me had the lights. It was the first time I ever saw them. I wasnt impressed at all. They are so dim that it doesnt seem worth it. I returned the led addons.

My sisters Lexus RX has lit door handles and they look very impressive. Super bright and classy looking.

4. ig_epower

ig_epower Member

5. shelbri

shelbri Member

I have the Abstract Ocean LEDs in my frunk and truck. They are excellent and easy to install. I haven't seen door handle lighting in their store.

I just ordered a 100D without the premium package but would install door handle lighting on my own if everything is pre-wired already and the lighting is available for purchase.

6. BigTonyTones

BigTonyTones Member

The leds Abstract sells are different than the door handles. I actually changed all my leds to Abstracts. It was worth every penny.
    The door leds on the other hand were not bright at all. I wish someone comes out with an aftermarket version. I would go through the hassle if it was worth it