TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

MS Front Grill Alternatives

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Cinematechs, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Cinematechs

Cinematechs Member

images.jpeg 0x600.jpg

Has anyone modified their front grill by replacing the factory nose cone? I'd love to see other options similar to this Model S. Does anyone know who's car this is, and where it was done?

2. caddieo

caddieo Member

It's love bug season now in Florida. This nose would be a b..ch to clean.

3. logan

logan Member

I remember RaceMesh Grilles have a thread on here about offering a mesh grille replacement. It looked pretty good but most people on here were being unnecessarily rude because the grille wasn't "revolutionary." Just tried to find that thread but it looks the like trolls lead it to getting deleted. :rolleyes: I believe Teslaccessories is making some replacement grilles as well.

4. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I think they were banned from the site for claiming that they had worked with Tesla to develop the grille, implying it was a Tesla approved accessory. That turned out to be a lie. May of us were very suspicious of these claims and said so. If that's rudeness so be it.

5. logan

logan Member

I was referring to the initial rude comments about the design and it being a waste since it didn't mold shapes at high speed or something else revolutionary :smile:. If that's why the thread was deleted then that's another story.

6. Andrew

Andrew Model S #6151

I'm just hoping someone will come up with a grille design that incorporates a license plate in a more attractive fashion and not just as a hideous afterthought.

7. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

That looks like the earliest Tesla MS prototype.

CIMG5212.JPG

From the premiere party.

8. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

+1. You bet. I taped mine on and it's a bit crooked :-(