TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

MS Front Passenger Interior Door Panel Becoming Detached

Discussion in 'Model S' started by RV33, Apr 29, 2018.

1. RV33

RV33 Member

The front passenger door panel has somehow become partly detached on my Model S. Has anyone else had this happen before?

It was brought to my attention by a passenger today, right before they got into the car. I know for sure it hasn't always been like this.

The only way I can imagine this happening is if someone pulled the door shut extremely hard. But I rarely ever have passengers in my car, and I don't recall anyone ever doing that (assuming it would be noticeable). Are there any other reasons that might cause this?

0-interior-door-panel-1.jpg 0-interior-door-panel-2.jpg 0-interior-door-panel-3.jpg

2. zjfk2

zjfk2 Member

Mine did that . Clips just popped out . I could reattach it but it would just pop out a few days later. Service center put new clips in when the car was uncorked.

• Informative x 1
  3. RV33

RV33 Member

Any idea what caused it to happen to you? Also, did SC cover it under warranty?

4. viper2ko

viper2ko Member

I just had this fixed at the SC this past weekend. Not sure how it happened. I could pop them back into place but it would just come undone. Also on the passenger door for me.

• Informative x 1
  5. Pedro.Tx

Pedro.Tx Member

Same thing happening to me! 2016 Model S. Just noticed today, I can push it together but it doesn’t give that satisfying snap. Just one set of the door and it pops out again! Boo!

I’m out of warranty, will try to fix myself but a little hesitant I might do more harm than good. I wonder if anyone can share their experience or photos.

Attached Files:

6. darxsys

darxsys Member

If you Google tesla clips, a post on TMC will come up that tells you what kinds of clips you need. Order them, then there is a youtube video on how to remove the door panel. Replace the clips and it’s done.

I’ve disassembled half of the interior in my car and put it back together, it’s actually so easy.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. jlv1

jlv1 Twice as much fun