Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[MS-LR '22] Suspension-y noises?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is about 3000 miles in; since a while now, I noticed "suspension-y" noises coming in. I took the car in, and service claimed that it was loose "mud flaps" rubbing.

So I took the mud flaps off.

The noises are still there. It's closest described as a "old bed sound" when I am driving around town.

I have the suspension set at default (medium I think), and it's set at "Comfort" setting.

Does anyone have an idea on how to go about this? Is this really normal for a $100k+ car? Am I hearing it because we don't have an engine? What do I do to get it addressed?

I had suspension noises since about 2000K miles. Clicking, creaking, knocking, thumping. The car now has 7500 miles and I took it in this week. They test drove it and couldn't duplicate. I went back and drove with the tech and he heard the noises I complained about. We had a pretty long chat and he said he would have his team do a torque check on the suspension. Lo and behold, they found that "most suspension components were under manufacturer specifications." So they apparently tightened stuff up and I haven't yet heard any noises for about 15 or 20 miles. But we'll see what "tomorrow brings."

Try having them torque check your suspension--fancy word for tightening loose bolts. Bit of a scary thought, right? I can look past some gaps and *sugar*, but loose bolts on a car with this kind of performance is just absurd.

Reactions: kazamm