Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS/MX style aftermarket rear chrome trim for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No - It states that there are no returns after peeling off the adhesive protective tape. "

You should try to contact them, I think the policy was in regards to if you didn’t like the look, not defective adhesive like in your case.

Mine is still holding strong several months later.

B61D9FF3-DD80-4835-8D5B-7E07ECF6D1A2.jpeg

Had my M3 delievered last night and put the chrome strip on this morning. IMHO it looks much more like the $60k luxury car that this is with this strip installed - love the way it matches the chrome window trim and logos. Now, if you go 'chrome delete' then I definitely wouldn't add the strip, but with everything intact, I think this simply look more like a finished product
IMG_2729.jpeg
IMG_2731.jpeg

Had my M3 delievered last night and put the chrome strip on this morning. IMHO it looks much more like the $60k luxury car that this is with this strip installed - love the way it matches the chrome window trim and logos. Now, if you go 'chrome delete' then I definitely wouldn't add the strip, but with everything intact, I think this simply look more like a finished productView attachment 338641 .View attachment 338640
Looks sharp! I’m still firmly in the camp that believes the rear of the model 3 feels unfinished. This accent adds a lot. That, and with all the model 3s on the road now, it’s nice to have something that stands out a bit from the crowd! Thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: Point 3
I actually bought and received the evannex chrome strip with the T E S L A laser etched on the strip. Haven't had a chance to install it, but I'm glad I didn't because the more and more I look at it, I'm more than likely going to return it even though I've been going back and forth mentally in my head as to whether to keep the chrome strip or go with the AO letters. I've asked my family and a few friends, and every single person was saying to go with AO. After watching their video it made me decide to go ahead and order the AO letters. I think it looks far more OEM than the chrome strip, and I think it'll look far better on my blue M3 AWD.

-- Cintoman

I actually bought and received the evannex chrome strip with the T E S L A laser etched on the strip. Haven't had a chance to install it, but I'm glad I didn't because the more and more I look at it, I'm more than likely going to return it even though I've been going back and forth mentally in my head as to whether to keep the chrome strip or go with the AO letters. I've asked my family and a few friends, and every single person was saying to go with AO. After watching their video it made me decide to go ahead and order the AO letters. I think it looks far more OEM than the chrome strip, and I think it'll look far better on my blue M3 AWD.

-- Cintoman
I love my AO lettering, even moreso now that Tesla didn’t go with the lettering on the Performance edition. Was a little worried I’d look like a poser! :p

-- Cintoman
Post a pic when you do. I've got Blue and am considering the same. I like the look of it as well, at least on the white I saw. Thanks.

Here’s another shot of mine

View attachment 300630
Your car is gorgeous!!! You have just sold me on the chrome trim! My M3 red AWD long range (aero wheels for now) is waiting at the service center for Tesla to get the MVP to the finance company. Took Tesla 6 days to realize they don't do financing for KS residents and THEN sent me a link to one of the finance companies that were on the approved list for other States. o_O Going to order that part RIGHT now! Car is getting wrapped next Wednesday and 2 coats of ceramic-Pro put on it and a top coat. Shop wants to put the chrome strip on AFTER the wrap and before the ceramic-Pro. Thanks for posting the pic!

Reactions: Point 3
Just thought I'd throw this in: the EVANNEX embossed TESLA supplements the embossed Model 3 in the OEM license plate frame to give civilians the answer to their first question: "What is it?":cool:

Maybe not so much on the left coast, but here in Florida, most of the complements from my condo neighbors have included that question.

I really like the Franz-style lettering. Has anyone tried the matte black on MSM? Apart from this thread, it's really difficult looking for pictures of this modification - do we know of any other pictures out there?
There are a few more photos in this thread:

New Rear Emblem.... love it!

But I don’t think I’ve seen any pics of matte black on MSM, anywhere. Maybe you can be the first to share? :)

Has any one checked out the rear chrome strip from Etsy? I like the positioning in the pictures. How is Etsy to deal with. Reasonable price. Some good reviews. Not all.
Tesla Model 3 Trunk Applique Wrap TESLA | Etsy
I’ve bought some stuff off Etsy, and didn’t have any issues, but I think it’s an e-commerce marketplace, so you’re actually buying from individual sellers. So your experience may be as good or bad as that particular seller.

That rear emblem looks nice.

As for me, I’m still really happy with my AO lettering, 2.5 years later. Either way, with so many model 3s on the road, it’s nice to have something that sets you apart from the masses!