Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS P85D wheel spacers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it really necessary to remove them before going for service? If you have to take them off each time that’s a deal breaker for me.
You don’t have to do anything. It’s just whether you want your SC to note that you are running spacers or not. If you have anything suspension related to claim under warranty, they may use that against you. Same thing for lowering links/brackets.

The SC may refuse to align your wheels as well, although Fremont has no trouble aligning my aftermarket wheels which have a little additional offset.

I have spacers on mine and no issues at all at the SC, they did an alignment last time I was there without even bringing it up.

Honestly this car needs spacers or better offset wheels, whenever I see one now, it looks so odd with the wheels tucked in.

Your luck may vary, but from the manual:

Four Wheel Alignment Check
FRT No: 31002100

Note: This procedure is not specific to a particular alignment machine. Follow the alignment equipment manufacturer's instructions for additional information and safety instructions.
Preparation
  1. Ensure that the following are within Tesla-approved specifications before continuing to the next step of this procedure:
    • Wheel offset
    • Tire size (refer to the tire and loading information label)
    • Tire wear
    • Tire pressure
    Caution: Do not perform this procedure on a vehicle that has non-OEM wheels, incorrect wheel offset, tire(s) with less than 4/32 in (3 mm) tread, or incorrect tire pressure.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Your luck may vary, but from the manual:

Four Wheel Alignment Check
FRT No: 31002100

Note: This procedure is not specific to a particular alignment machine. Follow the alignment equipment manufacturer's instructions for additional information and safety instructions.
Preparation
  1. Ensure that the following are within Tesla-approved specifications before continuing to the next step of this procedure:
    • Wheel offset
    • Tire size (refer to the tire and loading information label)
    • Tire wear
    • Tire pressure
    Caution: Do not perform this procedure on a vehicle that has non-OEM wheels, incorrect wheel offset, tire(s) with less than 4/32 in (3 mm) tread, or incorrect tire pressure.

Any decent shop can do an alignment — Tesla not needed for this. My car has not be alignment in a Service Canter for a few years. But I have it aligned by another shop twice a year when I change out the wheels and tires for the winter/summer.

About to order four 20mm Adaptec Spacers from Motorsport to use on my Staggered 21" Arachnids.

For those who have these spacers and tried heating the wheel well plastic to create clearance / eliminate rubbing at lock, could you please post your experience on whether this fixed the problem. Also, any photos and tips would be greatly appreciated. Especially photos showing the location and how much you needed to push in the liner.

My hope is to remove each wheel only once when the spacers arrive, do the heat treatment to the plastic inner fender liner and then put the wheels back on.

Thanks.

I can say this, Motorsport Tech isn't the fastest turn-around on orders. I knew from go that they build to order, but I got an email receipt on 4/10 and not a peep since. I've sent two emails checking on status and nothing. No tracking number. Notta.
And shipping is a flat... $25?!?! I only need to order two of the 5mm spacers. Shipping would be 33% of the total. And I’m in OR, too, not exactly far from Las Vegas. Will have to call them this morning to ask about reduced shipping.